Xavier

Luna

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Screamed everyone in the dance room.

Confetti shot up from the air, sprinkling down on the glowing dance floor that people were on.

Everyone screamed of joy, hugging and laughing at each other as we welcomed the new year.

Though, something left off in my stomach as I watched from a far, a black figure that looked like-

Xavier.

-

"Luna?" I hear Crystal call my name.

I woke up the next morning to a pounding heachache, making everything and everyone in the room extra annoying and blurry.

I groan in response, unable to make out any words. I next feel cold hands on me, prompting me up into a reasonable position.

Though it only made my headache worse, as more moans escaped my mouth.

Jesus, this is what a hangover feels like.

"Cmon, Luna, you gotta take this, it'll help with the hangover. You need to drink lots of water."

Finally earning enough energy to move my arm, I carelessly take the aspirin and water and chug it down.

My mouth was once dry, but the freshening cold water that hit my tongue only set off an energy trigger in my head, bouncing me back to reality.

"Last I checked, you were also drinking with me?" I question her.

She laughs, taking the plastic cup from my hand. "I'm a hybrid silly, I can't really get drunk."

I didn't find it amusing, groaning again for a lack of water, thirst in my taste.

"I'm going, I'm going."

Suddenly, Hazel and William appear from the bathroom door. It looked like they had just gotten ready for something.

"Never sleeping with you again." Will remarks.

"Will don't blame her, she had night terrors. Or it was just a bad dream." Hazel ensures him.

Were they talking about me?

Then I remembered I did have a mouth. Choosing to use it, I ask, "me? Night terrors?"

The sentence came out a lot less confident than I expected, but I'd assume they cut me some slack as I had just woken up from a drunk out party.

"Yes. You were screaming in your sleep last night. Every time we tried to wake you up, you wouldn't budge."

Night terrors?

Never in my life have I had one of those.

"What was I screaming?" I ask, curiously.

Hazel looks up at me, in surprise. "Actually you were screaming Xavier's name."

I let out a deep sigh. So that black figure I saw at the party wasn't even real, it was all just a dream, a nightmare.

"Oh," was all I could say.

Will goes into the kitchen of the dorm, pulling out some leftover food from the dining hall last night. The one that Delilah and the girls made.

We watch as he places the cold food in the microwave, turning it on for two and a half minutes.

"So you're really letting your brother get to your head, huh?" Will asks.

Hazel had a slightly offended look on her face, as she snaps, "how can she not? Xavier is her one maniac of a brother that's out to get her for god knows why."

For once, I agreed with Hazel. Having experience with being on the run, people going after her, trying to kill her.. But that's for another day.

Will takes the heated food out of the microwave, steam rising to the top as he sets it down on the counter to let it cool.

"Well jeez, didn't know you were so passionate about crazy brothers. Maybe I should give mine a call." he smirks.

Hazel rolls her eyes at the comment, while I just laugh. It didn't do me too good, as my throbbing headache came back in action.

"Didn't know you had another brother. Thought it was just you and Dorothy." Crystal randomly says, walking into the room with another cold glass of water which I worshipped.

Will takes a fork out of the cabinet, as he scoops some of the leftover mashed potatoes into his mouth, before saying, "there's a lot of things you don't know about me."

"Like?"

He clears his throat. "Well when I was nine, I pushed Dorothy out of our tree house, that's why she's afraid of heights now." He nods his head like he really did something.

A frown appears on Hazel's face, as she just shakes her head and stares back at me.

"So, Xavier. Do we have any idea of where he could be?"

Crystal hands me the glass of water, in which I yet again chug down, finally setting the empty clear glass on the table. "Nope, but I think that nightmare was enough to warn me that he's not far."

"We can always do a locator spell." Crystal offers, Hazel nodding her head eagerly.

I wanted to laugh at their silliness, but stopped myself. "Xavier isn't dumb you guys. He probably knows we're here right now, talking about his exact face. The first thing he would do is block any spells from coming at him. He's stronger than me."

My own words scared me. My own brother was after me, trying to kill me for god knows what. But for some reason, I had an idea.

"Well..it's better we run then hide." Crystal says.

"Well we all know we can't run forever. Eventually, we're gonna have to face him at some point whether we're ready or not." Hazel says.

"What would we be ready for?" William questions.

Hazel stares at him like he's crazy. "Are you sure you weren't the one that got pushed out of that tree house? Because you're talking 50 shades of stupidity." She snaps.

Crystal bursts out laughing, as she slaps her hand on her thigh. "Damn, Hazel. Chill, it's only nine am in the morning. The man is eating leftover mashed potatoes from last night. He's not operated well."

Will drops his fork from surprise. "What is this? Make fun of Will day?" he complains. Only driving the three of us into more laughter.

Crystal, finally catching her breath, says, "relax. We're just teasing."

I shush all of them. "Hello!? My one hell of a brother is after me and we're just sitting here making fun of Will for heating up food in the microwave. What happened to you guys and using your brain?" I snap.

-

"We're gonna have to kill Xavier at some point. You know that, right?" Hazel questions me. I sigh in response. "What if he's gotten better? Maybe you guys can work something out." Will suggest, leading me to shake my head.

I wanted to rip his head off right here right now.

"He's my brother. He's too stubborn to change. Talking to him about the cliches is just a big waste of time."

We sit there for a second, no one saying anything, lost in thought. When finally Hazel says, "so you're saying we have to kill him? If he can't change, we can't have him waiting around to kill you. We're gonna have to kill him."

I freeze. Kill my brother? How messed up is my life. I'm a witch, so what did I expect? I answer my own question in my head.

"I guess so. But how are we gonna kill him? He's pretty powerful. It'll be close to impossible."

"Not to be rude, but there was a way to kill you. If there was a weapon to kill you, there will be a weapon to kill Xavier." Hazel says.