Long Lost Brother

Hazel

Will and I go back to the cabin.

It's crazy that in less then two days, the cabin that was once full, was nearly empty the next night around when we arrived back.

It was still raining, and by the time we got back to our cabin, it was almost 1 AM.

"Well today was..interesting." He says, turning on the main cabin light. He shut the door, and locked it. We didn't need to be waking up in the middle of the to Madeline choking us.

"Agreed." I say with a laugh, collapsing onto my air mattress. "Discovered both good and bad things today." He sighs.

"Pretty much."

Will stares at me for a second, before saying, "I've never seen you lash out like that before--I mean except for when Drew died." I look at him and close my eyes. "Sorry, it's not everyday you watch me cry like a baby." Will shakes his head, sitting down on my bed. "Hazel, c'mon, you're not a baby. You're one of the strongest people I've ever met."

I feel myself start to cry again. The fog in my throat comes over me, and I just can't help myself. "I'm S-sorry." I hiccup.

William shakes his head. "It's good to let it out." "Better then to bottle it up."

I nod my head, agreeing. I couldn't seem to talk.

"You know.." his voice trails off.

"You may seem like you're a self centered person, at least you're looking out for yourself. It's better than doing what Madeline's doing right now." He explains. "literally going around choking people." he jokes. I couldn't help but smile, my crying settling down.

"True," I grumble out.

"Delilah was right." "You help people. Save peoples lives."

"Like a superpower." He adds. I laugh, wiping my tears.

"Like a superpower," I repeat.

We sit there for a moment of silence before I say, "since when did you get so good at giving advice?" I sniffle.

Will laughs. "Since ever. Yknow there's a lot of things you don't know about me."

I tilt my head at him. "That sentence is giving me deja vu." I laugh.

He nods. "It should. I've said it before."

"Well what don't I know about you?" I rest my hands in my chin.

Will gets up, and spins on the head board of the bed. "Well, I used to have a brother. But..he ran away." he says.

My eyes widened. "Wow. How old?"

"18. Not too far ago honestly. Only a couple of years. Me, him, and Dorothy were all triplets. Though him and I were closer then Dorothy and him. They nearly hated each other. Fought everyday, and our father would have to break them up. Dorothy was a complicated child." he laughs.

I examined his face. Was this a laughing matter though?

"Why'd he run away?" I ask softly.

He shakes his head. "He was sick of the way our parents treated him. Different from Dorothy and I. He was always forgotten, never noticed except for me." He gulps.

"I remember the night that he ran away, I begged him not to. He was the only person in my life that I could talk to without feeling guilty. I could go to him to rant, cry, and get advice. He did the same." He confesses.

I stare intensely at William. His hair was in his face. He didn't bother to push it out of his face. I watched as slow tears fell down his face. Up until this moment, I've never seen Will cry. He also seemed like a joyful person, never sad or being down. He was always there for me, it seemed like he was different from the others.