"You're a psychopath." He winced, pressing his hand to where I'd poked earlier." You still haven't told me what you want."

"Good." I nodded, resting my chin in my hands." I have a proposal for you."

"I just resumed." He groaned." Couldn't you at least cut me some slack?"

"I'm not the one who asked you to meet up with your mystery lover at night in a secluded park." My eyes widened immediately at the blunder I'd just made. He mustn't know I know anything about it. Damn it Vivi..

"How do you know about that?" His raised his eyebrows in pure suspicion." What do you know?"

"Nothing." I plastered the best stoic expression I could make up." That's what the Belvedere buzz updated."

"What's that?"

"You've got to be kidding me." I shook my head in exasperation." I've been here for probably two weeks now and I know a lot more about this school than you do. Isn't that sad?"

"Don't sass me." He snapped, his ego obviously bruised." What do you want?"

"A proposal.."

"You said that already." He huffed." What's the proposal?"

" I'm offering to be your TA." I took in the way his face morphed from pure shock into sadistic laughter." What's funny?"

"You're joking right?" He wheezed out loud, stray tears escaping his eyelids." Oh my God, you're hilarious."

"I'm not joking." I pressed my lips into a thin line." I want to be your TA."

"Oh, you're actually serious." He swiped some stray books off his desk." Aren't you?"

"Do I look like I'm joking to you?" My blood was boiling. I was being serious and all he could do was laugh it off." I don't get what's funny."

"Well honey," he started and my scowl deepened." I'm not in need of an assistant right now and you'd be the last person I'd give it to even if I didn't have one."

"What's that supposed to mean?" My head snapped towards him, anger dancing in my orbs." Do you think I'm stupid?"

"Well, I didn't say that." He smirked." But there's no way to test your academic capabilities as the school year just started. I'll have to take a look at your class attendance, your test results, your GPA and a couple of other things before I can begin to consider your proposal. So probably come try again in a year or two. Adios."

"I don't believe you." I jerked to my feet, anger and panic flowing through my veins. Anger because he was indirectly calling me stupid and panic because I'd be in serious trouble if I didn't get it." You're lying to me. You just don't want to give me a chance. I can take a test or anything. Right now, just to prove it to you."

"Look Miss..." He stuttered, trying desperately to recall my name. His smug smile faltered and his eyebrows creased together, a faint WiFi symbol popping up. It could have been my imagination though. " That's weird, I don't even know your name."

"Vi.." I stopped myself." Diane Sanchez."

"Diane?" The words reverberated strangely on his lips." I thought your name was Vivi, Vivian?. That night, you said your name was Vivian."

"Hmmm." My stomach did a double flip, praying that my widened eyes would go by unnoticed. Taking deep breaths instead, I  smirked." Who's stalking who now,eh?"

"I'm not stalking you , Diane." He emphasized on the name ' Diane '." I just don't believe that's your real name..."

"Don't try to change the topic." I raised a finger to his face." You're going to make me your TA right now or ....."

"Um, Mr Woods?" We both turned to a petite figure, who was standing awkwardly in front of what seemed to be the door to another office." Is everything okay? I heard you yelling and I came to check."

"It's fine Penny." He smiled, and it was genuine, unlike the half sided smirks he usually gave me. Something churned at the pit of my stomach as I watched the friendly exchange between both of them." I was just having a word with Miss Diane over here."

"Who's the chick?" I quipped, my voice harsh and bitter and I did nothing to hide it. I gave her a quick glance and to be honest, she was actually pretty.  She had jet black hair and big eyes like that of a puppy. She had a moderate stature making her look like a lingerie model. " Another one of you one night...."

"Penny here is my assistant." He cut me off immediately, shooting daggers at me." My teaching Assistant to be precise and I must say she's the best thing that has happened to me since the beginning of this semester."

His eyes darted back and forth between us, the mischievous twinkle in them riling me up the more.

"It's nothing sir." She tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear." I'd do it again in a heartbeat."

Yup, miss petite here definitely has the hots for hellspawn over there, and for some stupid reason I felt anxious about it.

"Are you okay Mr Woods?" Her chirpy voice brought me back to reality as she made her way towards Maxim who was wincing again." Does it hurt a lot?"

"I'm fine." He shot me a side smirk, as if noticing my dilemma and I wanted nothing more than to slap that smirk off his face." An ice pack or something should do."

"Let me see it then." She peered closer and I was tempted to push her face into the wound, let her lick his wounded skin since she's so eager to jump right into it. Maxim on the other hand, took her hands in his and placed it directly above his cut, his eyes never leaving mine." It's bleeding a bit."

"It's fine, I just..."

" I'm leaving now." I banged my fist on his desk, rattling a few pens and markers." But this conversation isn't over."

I didn't spare him so much as a second glance as I sauntered out of his office, making sure my hips were swaying to an imaginary beat only I could hear. I stormed out of the teachers block unable to flush the image of   two of them pressed against each other and the smug smile Maxim was sporting through out.

If little things like this bothered me so much, then being Maxim's TA would be much harder than I'd anticipated .

Ta da🤸🤸🤸🤸🤸.

Look who's here with an update? 👀

Read
Vote and comment 😌

I'll be waiting for your comments in the comments section 💅

On an unrelated note, What do y'all think about Maxim?👀👀

And don't forget to click on the orange 🌟 star below

ILY ❤️✨