Chapter 29 - Chains

---

Blue eyes opened slowly.

Naruto groaned as his vision slowly cleared. 'What....'

He moved slightly only to hear chains rattling. He glanced at his hands, taking note of the cuffs on him and the seals placed on his body.

"So I'm locked up....huh," he whispered. "Yeah...it's the....third time already," he laughed lightly. "I.....just can't....."

Tears quietly streamed down his face.

"What the fuck.....have I lived for...?"

He chuckled quietly. 'Over and over again.....I lose my control and kill them...I killed them all,' He sighed shakily. 

'I just want to be freed of this torture.'

"Can I....go see him?"

"Sure, I'll go inform Ibiki-sama," A chunin put his hand on his hip. 

"P-Please do," Sakura nodded. She glanced over at Sasuke who was staring blankly at the wall. "Sasuke..."

She sighed when he didn't respond. "Sasuke!"

'Yeah," Sasuke flinched slightly, spinning towards Sakura.

"Stop spacing out. Are you coming in?" Sakura asked.

"N......No," Sasuke answered quietly. "I don't know...if I can face him yet. I tried to kill him."

"It wasn't your fault, Sasuke, you were forced," Sakura frowned. "It is not your fault."

"Yeah..." Sasuke lookes away.

"God knows what's happening to Naruto right now...." Sakura muttered. "I'm going in. See you, Sasuke."

"He's in here. There's a chakra barrier inside so he won't be able to attack you, unless go through, of course. He can't go through the barrier but you can," a chunin informed. "He doesn't look like he will try to attack though. Still, be careful."

"Hai...Thank you," Sakura nodded as the door opened. 

"Naruto Uzumaki, someone's here to see you!"

The door shut close.

"Naruto...." Sakura muttered.

Naruto stared blankly at the floor.

"N-Naruto...it's me, S-Sakura," Sakura smiled.

"You were the one....right?" Naruto whispered.

"The...one?" Sakura frowned in confusion.

"You healed me."

"Uh...y-yeah..." Sakura smiled slightly. "Your wounds were deep bu-"

"Why?"

"What...?" Sakura blinked.

"Why....did you heal me?" Naruto asked.

"Y-You still had a hope to live so...." Sakura stammered. "And it's my duty to save a comrade's life."

"Comrade...?" Naruto whispered, then smiled. "Don't make me laugh....You are no comrade of mine and I am no comrade of yours."

Laughing lightly, tears stained his eyes. "You knew, right?"

"Knew...what?" Sakura asked.

"You knew....I was trying to kill myself," Naruto said.

"I...." Sakura frowned.

"Why can't you just leave me alone?" Naruto whispered. 

Tears stained Sakura's eyes as she bit her lip.

"So? You're going to call me a demon again?" Naruto chuckled quietly. "Go ahead and say it.....Keep on torturing me!" Naruto screamed. "It keep on happening! Again..and again then again...it wo-"

He was cut off as Sakura hugged him tight. "I'm so sorry....I'm a fucking selfish person," Sakura let out shaky sigh, tears running down her face.

"I....." Naruto whispered. 

"Haruno-san!" The door slammed open as the chunin ran in with a glare. "You're not supposed to cross the chakra barrier!"

"I know," Naruto smiled. "You're a selfish person."

His eyes widened slightly in rage as he whispered in her ear. "Go to hell...."

"Haruno-san,"the chunin growled as he forced her out of the chakra barrier. "Do not ever do that again."

"I-I'm so-"

"It's....okay," Naruto grinned. "You're...."

His eyes shifted to purple as the two Konoha ninjas gasped. 'That's-'

"...dead anyways."

"What's going on here!?" A few more chunin shouted as they ran over.

Naruto's lips twitched up into a smile.

"Shinra tensei."