Chapter 7 - Rock Skipping

(Nothing, the music is just amazing, I love it, so I put it here.)

(I try.)

Dark, it was so dark. Everything is black.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

Tears.

Why is he crying...?

It's....really dark.

He walked forward. 

He couldn't see anything at all.

Tears flowed down his face. They won't stop. They won't stop.

His eyebrows furrowed, him dropping on his knees.

Hurts, it hurts. 

Why won't it stop?

He's not bleeding, nothing, but it hurts so much.

Anger, sadness hit him all at once.

He gasped and wheezed, taking shuddering breathes.

He flinched as he felt something.

He traced around it.

So smooth.

So cold.

He pulled on his hair and screamed.

Naruto's eyes slowly opened to meet the familiar ceiling of his apartment.

He sat up, staring at the view outside the window.

He got up on his feet and headed to the toilet after a few times of stumbling over his own feet.

He tilted his head and traced the area around his eyes as he stared at his reflection in the mirror.

Damn, the bags under his eyes are getting worse.

Probably because of those nightmares that he doesn't even recall.

He took a deep breath and turned on the water tap.

The streets busy with quite a lot of ninjas and civilians walking by.

Naruto brushed his hair with his hand. Well, it'll quieten down after 8:30 pm. It's already 8 pm.

He paused as he threw a glance towards the direction of a river nearby.

He hasn't been there in a while.

Small waves crashed onto the rocks nearby as the blonde haired teen squatted down by the small river.

It's so peaceful and quiet, he loved it.

"Oh, hey Naruto."

Hearing a bark, he looked up to meet the sharp black eyes of Kiba Inuzuka. "Hey."

"What are you doing here?" Kiba asked, squatting down beside him.

"Nothing, just taking a walk. The sound of flowing water can be quite relaxin sometimes."

There was a comfortable silence with Akamaru chasing a few bugs in the back.

"Hey Naruto, you ever skipped rocks before?" Kiba asked.

"Uh...no," he answered.

"What!? No way!!! Come on, get up, I'll teach you," Kiba grinned.

"Okay then," Naruto let out a groan as he stood up.

"Pick up a smaller rock," Kiba instructed. "Now..."

He bent down and picked up a small rock.

Naruto smiled as he sent a glance his way.

Flash.

He froze.

Kiba grinned.

His lips quivered.

Holding a rock.

He is one of them.

"Oi, Naruto?"

I hate Kiba Inuzuka.

"You....you're," Naruto's eyes widened in horror before narrowing as tears stained his eyes, a growl escaping his lips.

"Me?" Kiba raised his eyebrows.

"You're the one from before, aren't you?" Naruto seethed out. "You're one of them. You can't trick me."

Akamaru walked over, curious what was happening.

"What are you talking about, Naruto?" Kiba frowned. "Seriously, are you okay? You should-"

"SHUT UP, INUZUKA!!!!" Naruto screamed. 

"Woah, woah. Calm down there, Naruto," Kiba raised his hands up in surrender.

"You were just using me, aren't you? Toying with me? Is it so fun? To see me suffer? The so called demon?" Tears flowed down the Uzumaki's face. 

"Naruto, what do you mean!? I-I never did anything to you and I'm not planning to either! Uzumaki, calm DOWN!"

"You don't remember?" A sickening chuckle escaped Naruto's lips as a broken grin crawled onto his face. "Stones? Throwing stones? You don't remember that at all?"

"W-What do you mean,  Naruto?" Kiba frowned.

Naruto clenched his fists. He picked up a stone from the ground and hit his own forehead, making the Inuzuka's eyes widen. "Naruto, what are you-"

He laughed as blood trickled down his face. "This, this is what you did to me those years ago, Inuzuka. DO YOU REALLY NOT REMEMBER!?"

"Naruto. I did. Nothing," Kiba let out a frustrated sigh as he patted Akamaru who let out a whimper.

Naruto bent his head down, his golden locks shading his eyes as he turned around to walk away.

"H-Hey, Naruto?"

The blonde's red eyes shone. "You can go to hell, Inuzuka."

His figure disappeared as he walked further away.

"Naruto..."