Chapter 16 - Smile

Naruto peeked into the house through the window.

'Where's Satomi baa-chan...'

He looked away. 'Should I go in...?'

He squatted down with a pout. 'That'll kinda embarrassing....I did just say I can live on my own...'

He blinked. 'Did I...?'

"Hello there!"

He jumped and spun around to see Satomi. "S-Satomi b-baa-chan!"

"Come on in," she smiled.

"Um, okay..."

"There, you can sleep in this room..." she said with a small groan as she lifted a few things outside. "I haven't properly cleaned this room for years," she laughed lightly.

"I-It's okay, I'm okay with the stuff in here, my apartment isn't very clean anyways..." Naruto chuckled awkwardly.

"Oh, it's okay, this was my son's room," She smiled.

"Your son...?" Naruto tilted his head.

"Yeah, he was a nice and energetic child," she looked up at the ceiling. "You're just like him."

"Oh...Did he went out of the country to study or something...? A lot of people do that," Naruto asked.

"No, he became a shinobi and died in a mission," Satomi sighed with a sad smile. "At least he accomplished his dream of becoming a ninja..."

"That's nice..." Naruto smiled slightly. 

"What about you? Naruto? What's your dream?" Satomi asked.

"I wanted to become Hokage, but that's kind of....impossible now...." Naruto frowned.

"I see......" Satomi muttered and smiled. "Come on, help me carry these stuff outside. You'll need to do some stuff for staying at my house too!" she laughed.

"Hai!" Naruto grinned.

'I'll find a way, Kiba. I'll find a way to become Hokage.'

'But become Hokage for that rotten village...?'

Five months later

"Satomi-san!!!!"

"Coming!!!" Naruto responded as he ran out of his room, opening the door to see a man with a Haigakure (its just a village i created lmao) shinobi headband. "Oh, it's you again, Yamazaki-san."

"Here's the money for this month," Yamazaki took out a scroll and handed it to Naruto. "Here you go."

"Thank you," Naruto bowed as the man disappeared.

"Eh? Was that Yamazaki-san just now?" Satomi asked as she walked in from the backyard.

"Yeah," Naruto answered as he turned his head to look in another direction. "Haigakure is such a nice village, I don't think Konoha would give the parents of the ninjas their money after their.....death."

"Well, they don't have much ninjas," Satomi said. "I'll close the door, you can go back to practising your sealing," she smiled.

"Right," Naruto placed the scroll on the dining table. "The scroll's over here."

"Focus....medical chakra into...the...." Sakura yawned and shook her head. "S-Sorry, shishou."

"Get some rest, Sakura, you've been reading for hours," Tsunade smiled.

"Right," Sakura blinked a few times with s igh before leaning her head on the table, falling asleep within a minute.

Tsunade smiled as she moved a strand of hair away from the girl's face. 'I knew choosing her as an apprentice was the right thing to do...'

'I think Jiraiya still has a month before he comes back from investigating the Akatsuki...' She stretched and sighed. 'I still have paper work to finish...damn it.'

She stood up, opening the windows as the scent of ramen spread into her nose. 'I hope you're doing fine....Naruto.'

A slash was landed on the target. 

'Wrong, wrong, It's out of position...'

A stab.

'Why can't I concentrate today?'

A cry escaped his throat as chirping filled the air.

'Itachi...that's Itachi.'

He ran forward.

'Stabilize.....it...'

The pieces of wood (i typed food) fell onto the ground as the lightning chakra slowly disappeared from Sasuke's hand.

'I love you....Sasuke.'

"What....does that mean...." he muttered out in pants. "Did Itachi had another reason to massacre the clan....?"

He growled. "No....that's not possible, he's just a traitor...."

He dropped onto the floor on his butt. ' But Otou-san's conversation with Itachi that night before...'

He gritted his teeth. 'I'm not sure but...'

'There might still be a chance. Itachi might still be the Itachi nii-san I know.'

Pants escaped Hinata's mouth as she got up from her fighting stance, reaching out a hand to Hanabi. "Come on, get up, Hanabi-chan."

"You're really good, HInata-nee," Hanabi grinned. "Anyways, your team is coming over this evening, right?"

"Yeah...." Hinata sighed. "I was hoping to train more today.....Yasuo wants way too much 'team bonding time'."

"Well he is a new member of your team since......" Hanabi paused. "S-Sorry...."

"It's okay..." Hinata looked up at the skies.

(Just a chapter of what's going on in their lives aaaaand...explaining a few stuff like how Satomi gets money to live which does NOT make sense at all....

I'll try to make things more interesting next chapter...XDD)

✔️ Sweet Nightmares (Insane Naruto AU) ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें