Chapter 49: Melting Softly

Start from the beginning

"What if I decide not to tell you and I leave with my baby? You won't..." Before I could finish my sentence, Jayden roughly grabbed me by my waist and collided our bodies. He really got me by surprise.

He tilted my head by my chin and made me look into his eyes that had a passion of anger burning inside them. I was supposed to feel frightened, but instead, I bit my bottom lip and sucked onto it. He looked fierce sexy and the way he held me screamed possession and dominance.

"Never. Ever. Think of making such a horrible mistake because I'll find you and you'll have to face my wrath, Kyra."

Jayden put his hand on my bare tummy and started moving his hand on that region. His face moved even closer to mine. Heat immediately pooled between my legs.

"If there's ever a baby in here, you'll tell me about it. I'll not run away from my responsibility and you won't take away my baby from me, you get that, Kyra?" he growled, our noses rubbing against each other. His lips were inches away from mine and our bodies were dangerously pressed against each other.

I couldn't even speak. The heat was way too much for me to handle. All I could think of was the way he had sent me to the moon and back by touching me minutes ago. My entire body ached for his touch, kisses, cuddles and caresses. He had a special scalding effect on me.

Jayden smacked my butt gently with his hand. "Answer me."

I only stared into his dreamy eyes. There was just something about him, something I didn't see in other man.

"Say it, Kyra. Answer me," he grunted through gritted teeth, grabbing my butt.

"Yes!" I whimpered. Jayden let go of me and I took a deep breath. He looked away from me and he covered his eyes with his hands in frustration. I just stood there watching him.

He looked back at me and grasped me firmly by my shoulders, but in a gentle manner.

"Look, Kyra. I'm sorry if I hurt you, okay? I'm sorry I lost control. I should have..."

"I loved it. I loved the way you scolded me and held me really close like that," I said, embarrassed by my own words.

"Really? I wasn't too rough, right?"

"Yes."

"But let's agree on something, Kyra. If you ever get pregnant..."

"You'll be the first one to know," I interrupted him with an assurance. Jayden nodded and he gave me a tight smile. He pecked my forehead.

"I trust you. Come on. Let's go and relax."

Jayden held my hand and we went to relax on sun loungers that had umbrellas for shade. Jayden lay on his sun lounger quietly, reading a magazine that he had found there.

He was still in a bad mood after what I said. What did he expect me to say or do anyway? I was head over hills in love with him, yet he loved another woman. I wanted to remember him for the rest of my life and a baby was a brilliant idea.

I removed my kimono cardigan and I put it away. I had a really sexy bikini on and it was one of my favourites. It was part of the things Mom had bought me.

I took a tube of sunscreen and squeezed a small amount of sunscreen onto my hands. I applied it on my legs and squeezed some more into my hands until I applied some on the rest of my body except for my back.

I struggled to get some on my back, but luckily, my husband saved the day. He took the tube from me and and sat behind me. He started applying it on my back silently. He wasn't even talking to me.