Ch 10. Meeting My Son

Suddenly a loud explosion echoed from behind me and I slowly turned around to see that what remained of my Bentley burning up. I felt Aziraphale try to gain my attention but I just stood there in shock looking at the fire. I felt my heart constrict painfully as I remembered all the fond memories that had taken place in that car.

"Ninety years and not a scratch, now look at you," I muttered sadly.

"Lucifer. He's got a gun. He's pointing it. Do something!" I heard Aziraphale urge. I shook my head as I turned to face the man and snapped my fingers. The man vanished into thin air and I felt Aziraphale give me a mental whack over the head.

"Rest in peace. You were a good car. Okay. I need to get over the car thing." I said as I gave the Bentley one last look before heading into the airbase to go up against the Anti-Christ.

"We are going to 'lick' some serious butt!" Aziraphale cheered in my head.

"Kick", Aziraphale. It's "kick butt". For Heaven's sake. Oh! I can't believe I just said that." I said sticking my tongue out in disgust at the Holy word. As we approached my son we saw him facing up against Death and I felt anxiety rise at the thought of my kid trying to fight such a powerful entity.

"It has begun." Death said in an emotionless voice. Aziraphale and I watched as my son shook his head in denial.

"I didn't ask for it to begin." the child said. Death just tilted his head slightly as if curious about the boy in front of him, while the boy simply stood his ground.

"Your very existence demands the ending of the world. You could finish this for them with one thought. You can make the world anew." Death said trying to tempt the kid into letting his Demonic side out to play." You are part of us, not them. No one will disobey you. Ignore this nonsense. A word from you and I will end their lives."

My son turned toward me and blinked in confusion. I felt Aziraphale tense up and retreat further into my mind out of fear. I wrapped my essence around the Angel protectively as I waited with bated breath for whatever the Anti-Christ was going to do. The boy's eyes widened in surprise as he looked at my Aura.

"Excuse me, why are you, two people?" My son asked curiously.

"Uh, long story. You see, I was in my bookshop-" Aziraphale began rambling in my head until the child interrupted.

"It's not right. You should go back to being two separate people again." My son said a soft smile on his face. I felt my body get torn form Aziraphale and winced slightly at how empty my body now felt without Aziraphale in there. I looked over at the Angel and sighed in relief when I saw he was alright. The boy then turned and looked at the four horse-people.

"The thing is, they're not actually real. They're just like nightmares, really." The boy said giving his friends a reassuring smile.

"Little boys with your toys. I'm not a boy. I am War. You were made to serve me, to live in me and die in me." War said growling at the four children. The girl stepped forward angerly.

"My mum says that war is just masculine imperialism executed on a global stage." The girl said as she smirked at War. War chuckled at the little girl as if she had told a joke.

"A little girl. Run home and play with your dollies, little girl." War taunted the girl. This seemed to trigger the girl as she stomped on War's foot in anger.

"I do not endorse everyday sexism." the girl said as she picked up the sword that War had accidentally dropped." We're Adam's real friends. Not you lot. You're a joke."

"Just say what you believe, Pepper." the now-named Adam said. Pepper turned and nodded to Adam then stepped forward and stabbed War with her sword.

"I believe in peace, bitch." Pepper snarled as she watched War burst into flames.

"Drop it, Pepper. Quick." Adam urged. Pepper nodded and dropped the sword quickly. Another boy stepped up and lifted the sword unsteadily and preceded to stab Pollution.

"I believe in a clean world." the boy said bravely as he watched the entity turn into an oily substance and dissolve leaving only a crown behind which fell with a loud clatter. Finally, the third child picked up the sword and stabbed Famine while Adam's Hell-Hound tore at the entity's leg trying to help.

"And I believe in food and a healthy lunch. Actually, it's a very good thing." the boy said. Famine screamed before puffing away into smoke as the sword fell for the last time along with some brass scales.

"Didn't that use to be your sword?" I asked Aziraphale curiously. The Angel gave me a hard look before sighing and nodding reluctantly.

"I do believe it was," Aziraphale admitted. I nodded realizing that it was going to take a while for the Angel to forgive me if he was going to in the first place.

"Death, this all has to stop now," Adam said sternly as he glared at Death. Death seemed to realize that my son wasn't going to stop and nodded to the boy.

"It has stopped, but they will be back. We are never far away. I am creation's shadow. You cannot destroy me, that would destroy the world. Good day, gentlemen." Death said before he released two large black wings and flew away leaving Adam and his friends staring at the place Death was in awe.