Ch 3. Fraternizing, The Blitz, And Holy Water

I was standing beside Aziraphale thinking about the request I was going to make. We both were feeding the ducks and watching the geese. I sighed and reached into my pocket. I glanced at Aziraphale my heartbreaks realizing he would never feel the same about me as I do him. I pulled out a piece of paper.

"Look, I've been thinking. What if it all goes wrong? We have a lot in common, you and me." I started shakily. Aziraphale didn't seem to notice and continued feeding the ducks.

"I don't know. We may have both started off as angels, but you are fallen." Aziraphale said in a neutral tone. I glared at the angel.

"I didn't really fall. I just, you know sauntered vaguely downwards. I need a favor." I asked softly. Aziraphale looked at me through narrowed eyes.

"We already have the agreement, Crowley. Stay out of each other's way. Lend a hand when needed." Aziraphale said firmly. I sighed knowing this wasn't going to end well.

"This is something else, for if it all goes pear-shaped." I murmured. Aziraphale looked confused.

"I like pears." Aziraphale quipped randomly causing me to furrow my eyebrows.' The heck Angel?' I thought confused.

"If it all goes wrong, I want insurance." I revealed. Aziraphale froze apprehension in his eyes as he looked over at me.

"What?" Aziraphale asked tightly. I took a deep breath handed Aziraphale the piece of paper before continuing.

"I wrote it down. Walls have ears. Well, not walls. Trees have ears. Ducks have ears. Do ducks have ears? Must do. That's how they hear other ducks." I rambled heart beating a mile a minute. Aziraphale looked at me in horror. The Angel shoved the paper back into my hand.

"Out of the question." Aziraphale hissed angrily. I cringe at the hurt, anger, and fear that was coming off Aziraphale in waves. I tried to play dumb hoping to convince Aziraphale.

"Why not?" I asked in false confusion. Aziraphale gave me a horrified look of disbelief.

"It would destroy you. I'm not bringing you a suicide pill, Crowley." Aziraphale said firmly. My eyes widened at what the Angel said.' He thinks I want it for that?' I thought in realization.

"That's not what I want it for. Just insurance." I tried to argue, but Aziraphale shook his head firmly.

"I'm not an idiot, Crowley. Do you know what trouble I'd be in if they knew I'd been fraternizing? It's completely out of the question." Aziraphale snapped before regret flashed through his eyes.

"Fraternizing?" I snarled hurt. I glared at the Angel as if he had become someone completely different.' Well, at least I know where I stand with you.' I thought bitterly.

"Well, whatever you wish to call it. I do not think there is any point in discussing it further." Aziraphale said trying to amend his previous statement. I was too angry though to see reason though.

"I have lots of other people to fraternise with, angel." I hissed at the Angel. Aziraphale looked at me in surprise and hurt,

"Of course, you do." Aziraphale muttered before throwing the paper into the water.

"I don't need you." I said lying through my teeth. Aziraphale turned and marched away.

"Well, and the feeling is mutual, obviously." Aziraphale said loudly. I glared at where the Angel used to be feeling empty and depressed.

"Obviously." I mocked to myself. I felt a tear fall down my face and scowled.

TIME SKIP

I hadn't seen Aziraphale since the incident. I felt too guilty about what I had said. I had drowned myself in work down in Hell trying to push Aziraphale out of my head. The Angel had me wrapped around his finger and he didn't even know it. I had started treating my Demons much worse.