Prologue

First things first! This is cross posted from Quotev and I only own the sub-plot not the main plot or characters! Also this is a story where Crowley is actually Lucifer....because of this it will follow the main plot of the series very closely until the showdown against/with Adam.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It starts, as it will end, with a garden. In this case, the Garden of Eden. And with an apple. A large black and red snake slowly made it's way over to a woman named Eve. Once it reached her it whispered something in her ear. Eve gained a thoughtful look before walking up to a large apple tree and grabbing one of the fruits. Eve took a bite and knowledge poured into the woman. Noticing something was up a man named Adam walked up and Eve shared her apple.

It was a nice day. All the days had been nice. There had been rather more than seven of them so far, and rain hadn't been invented yet. But the storm clouds gathering east of Eden suggested that the first thunderstorm was on its way. And it was going to be a big one. The snake which had been observing the couple for a few hours decided to approach the Angel that stood on top of the Eastern wall.

First POV

"Well, that went down like a lead balloon." I said where a snake was a second ago. The Angel looked at Lucifer with slight confusion and apprehension.

"Sorry, what was that?" The Angel asked with a nervous chuckle. I raised an eyebrow.' If only he knew who he was talking to.' I thought internally smirking.

"I said. Well, that went down like a lead balloon." I repeated myself in an amused tone.

"Yes, yes, it did, rather." The Angel said in agreement.' What an odd Angel, talking to The Devil. He must not know who I am.' I thought already enjoying the Angels company.

"Bit of an overreaction, if you ask me. First offense and everything. I can't see what's so bad about knowing the difference between good and evil anyway." I muttered bitterly. The Angel looked over at me with an annoyed look.

"Well, it must be bad-" The Angel started but stopped once it realized I never gave him my name.' Oh, no.' I thought slightly panicked.

"Crawley." I said lying.' I hate lying.'

"- Crawley. Otherwise, you wouldn't have tempted them into it." The Angel finished arrogantly. I rolled my eyes at The Angel.

"Oh, they just said, "Get up there and make some trouble" I said casually as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Well, obviously. You're a demon. It's what you do." The Angel said smugly. I narrowed my snake-like eyes.' That Angel is walking on thin ice.' I thought dangerously.

"Not very subtle of the Almighty, though. Fruit tree in the middle of a garden with a "Don't Touch" sign. I mean, why not put it on the top of a high mountain? Or on the moon? It makes you wonder what God's really planning." I noted as I looked over at the two humans.

"Best not to speculate. It's all part of the Great Plan. It's not for us to understand. It's ineffable." The Angel said proudly. I scowled at the Angel.

"The Great Plan's ineffable?" I said in disbelief. The Angel nodded.

"Exactly. It is beyond understanding and incapable of being put into words." The Angel said.' I know what it means Angel!' I thought amused before noticing something.

"Didn't you have a flaming sword?" I asked curiously. The Angel shuffled awkwardly on the spot.

"Uh, You did. It was flaming like anything." I teased gently." What happened to it? Uh Lost it already, have you?"

"Gave it away." The Angel mumbled sheepishly. My eyes widened in complete shock.

"You what?" I asked laughing. The Angel gave me a brief glare.

"I gave it away. There are vicious animals. It's going to be cold out there. And she's expecting already. And I said, 'Here you go. Flaming sword. Don't thank me. And don't let the sun go down on you here'." The Angel ranted looking worriedly at Adam and Eve." I do hope I didn't do the wrong thing."

"Oh, you're an angel. I don't think you can do the wrong thing." I reassured.' Of course, you can do the wrong thing! How do you think Angels fell in the first place.' I ranted mentally.

"Oh, oh, thank Oh, thank you. It's been bothering me." The Angel admitted softly.' You're a very trusting Angel. That could get you killed one day.' I thought in concern.

"I've been worrying, too. What if I did the right thing with the whole "eat the apple" business? A demon can get into a lot of trouble for doing the right thing." I said in a false worried tone.' Can't get in trouble if you're in charge.' I thought bitterly before chuckling." It'd be funny if we both got it wrong, eh? If I did the good thing and you did the bad one."

"No. It wouldn't be funny at all." The Angel snapped. I shrugged before looking up as rain began to fall. The Angel lifted his wing over me causing me to look up at him in surprise.

"By the way, Angel. You never gave your name." I said as I looked up at the sky. The Angel looked confused before blushing in embarrassment.

"Oh, sorry. My name is Aziraphale." Aziraphale replied softly.' Nice name. I promise to protect you Aziraphale. Even if you never truly know who's protecting you.' I vowed as I watched it rain from underneath Aziraphale's wing.