Chapter 11 - Domination

Seth's POV

I saw Mallory with the wound and I was angry...heck I was fuming. Who had the fucking audacity to harm her?

I left Mallory after finding out who needed to die. I teleported to Emily's house, entered into the residence, and observed the wreckage. Everything was all over the place, blood stained the sofa, tables, and the floor.

Then I heard a gasp, Emily sat in the corner tapping on the human device.

I tilted my head and looked over at her, 'Who are you?' She whimpered.

'Death,' I menacingly whispered as I took steps towards her.

She shouted, 'STAY AWAY FROM ME!' and began weeping, she got up and tried to flee. But, I got in front of her and blocked her path, I took a hold of her throat and lifted her up.

I squeezed a little and felt her life draining from her body. She screamed and clawed at my arm but it was futile. I grabbed the device from her hand and crushed it within my palm.

'Why are you doing this?' She managed to whisper.

'You tried to kill my princess, so I'm killing you. An eye for an eye,' I simply informed her. With a big swing, I slammed her body to the ground cracking the surface beneath.

She let out an excruciating wail and her body collapsed. Mallory thought she killed you and here you were calling the authority, she's more reckless than I imagined.

Mallory's POV

I woke up an hour ago, Allison made lasagna which we both dug into.

It was evening, I had no plans so we both stayed home and binge-watched Netflix. I decided to keep the bandage on otherwise Allison would wonder how my wound healed so quickly. It was around midnight when Allison went to bed. I stayed and watched a bit more until I passed out on the sofa.

I woke up when a pair of hands caressing my cheek. I looked up to see the Prince kneeling beside me, his face lightened up with a huge smile, 'Let's get you to bed,' he picked me up and proceeded to walk up the stairs. I refused to argue and wrapped my arms around his neck and laid on his shoulder.

He gently placed me on the bed and laid beside me, he held my hand and rubbed his thumb over my knuckles. His other hand made its way to my hair which he entangled in.

'Can I ask you something?' I whispered as I turned towards him.

He nodded, 'What are you?' I licked my lips and his eyes flickered there.

'Do you really want to know?' He looked dead serious.

I nodded hesitantly, 'Tell me.'

He laced his fingers with mine and held them towards his chest, 'I am a demon.'

There was silence, then I burst out laughing, 'Yeah right,' I rolled my eyes. He stared at me expressionless, 'You're serious?'

He nodded.

'A demon? Like one from hell?' I gulped. I was holding hands with a demon.

He nodded, 'Something like that,' he leaned towards my face, 'But, you don't have to worry or be scared of me, Mallory. I would never do anything to hurt you. In fact, I will obliterate anything or anyone who tries to harm you,' his fingers gently cupped my face.

'Why?' I muttered, 'Why me?' Curiosity sparked within me. I waited for an answer but instead, he smiled and leaned in. I should be terrified but I wasn't, instead, I felt secure.