Chapter 1 - The First Encounter

'This isn't what I ordered, are you dumb?' I heard a screechy voice reverberate through the cafe.

My gaze followed the voice and I raised my eyebrow. The vain, arrogant lady opened the coffee cup and threw the content onto me. I gasped as the hot liquid made contact with my neck and top leaving a burning imprint.

'What the hell did you do?' Allison, my boss yelled at the woman.

'Next time, I should get what I want,' she sniggered with a devious grin and dropped the cup, then trotted out of the cafe. I stood there flabbergasted at what just occurred.

'Mal, sweetie, go and clean up,' Allison creased her eyebrows looking at my wrecked appearance, she handed me a cloth that I doubted would make much difference. I sighed and jogged towards the bathroom in complete humiliation, 'Calvin, clean this mess up, please,' I heard Allison's voice.

I ran into the bathroom and removed my apron tossing it onto the counter. I released a speech of profanities, followed by a frustrated grunt.

'Why does this always happen to you, Mal, you really are bad luck,' the voice in my head mocked.

In case you don't understand, Mal AKA Mallory means unlucky/bad luck, and I exist to prove it. My whole life has been filled with misery and misfortune, everyone around me suffered and, thus, no one stayed long enough.

A/N: No endorsement of superstitious beliefs, this is pure entertainment.

Anyway, I am Mallory Asher, and welcome to my pitiful life.

I reside in a small town called Hollow Grove, a dead town if I'm being honest, no one knows of it and barely a handful of people live here. I work part-time in a cafe to make some money for necessities. I also work part-time in a library to afford rent.

I have no one in my life except my father who's not really a father.

I turned the tap on and tried cleaning my top with water. I cleaned my neck, but my top was stained, coffee wasn't easy to remove.

'Any luck getting the stain out?' Allison peeked in with the bathroom door ajar. I groaned and shook my head and threw the cloth back onto the counter.

She stood beside me and placed her hand on my shoulder, 'Do you want to go home?' She offered.

'No, I couldn't. Anyway, I am fine, barely noticeable,' I mustered up the courage to lie.

She narrowed her eyes, 'I know why you cannot go home. Stay here, sweetie, but that stain looks grim so take one of my shirts.' I protested but she lifted her hand up saying no debate. I woefully smiled and exited the bathroom. I quickly got another spare top and changed.

I gave myself a little pep talk to get through the day, then I headed out back to the counter. I counted every second until the day was finally over. I left work and walked back home since the journey was short.

I bought some takeaway earlier since my father didn't bother to cook. I ate and crawled into bed exhausted after a long day at work - running a cafe is extremely gruelling especially serving spoilt, infuriating customers.

I closed my eyes allowing my body to relax, I sighed and took deep breaths hoping to sleep.

My body began heating up and tingles erupted through my core. My whimpers slowly became aware as a hot tongue played with my folds. My shorts and panties were ripped off and a face settled in between my legs feasting on my core and making me quiver.

I was unable to speak or open my eyes due to the overwhelming feeling. I just enjoyed it. The fingers entered me as the tongue ran in circular motions. I moaned loudly and grabbed the hair earning a loud growl that took me closer to my edge.

As he worked his magic, I was nearing my orgasm when he looked up and I saw blue eyes turning dark. 

I gasped in horror and woke up. I noticed I was fully dressed but covered in sweat.

Then, I sensed a pair of eyes staring at me from the corner of my room, a bright blue glow, they looked ice-cold yet tender. I quickly gazed towards them, 'Leave me alone,' I whispered hoping it would vanish.

However, they remained still, my words didn't faze it. I closed my eyes for a split second blaming my imagination. I opened them again only to see the eyes moved closer to me. Second by second, the eyes got closer and closer.

My breath hitched in my throat, I was paralysed in my position. I got a closer look at them, the pupils were a deep blue colour with streaks of black, I squinted my eyes aiming to get a clearer image.

Suddenly, its eyes turned fiery red and a low guttural growl echoed through the room. I shut my eyes and screamed. I screamed but no sound came out, I grabbed my throat attempting to bring my voice back, but nothing.

I got up from my bed and ran for the door, I banged on the door praying my father heard my plea, but no response.

Tears rolled down my cheeks, I roughly wiped them and looked around the shadowy darkness. The eyes had disappeared so I decided to crawl back into bed and compose myself.

I rested my head on the pillow and another shriek of terror escaped my lips as I felt a pair of hands grip my legs tightly. I kicked and shouted begging for liberty.

Then a pair of blue eyes entered my vision, I threw my pillow in its direction which it dodged, but my limbs were free so I bolted towards my adjacent bathroom.

I slammed the door shut and locked it. I covered my ears, breathing heavily, and repeatedly mumbled, 'Go away.'

'The wait is finally over,' I heard a raspy, hoarse voice echo from the other side of the door, then silence.

** 

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter, please vote and comment!