"Yes. No- I mean I do but I feel horrible for what I have done to you. It wasn't right in any way. I shouldn't have done it. Prim, believe me when I say I am sorry." He says and dares to take a glimpse into her eyes. 

"And?" 

"And I'll never do it again. I should have respected your boundaries and I can't lose you." Draco mumbles as he can feel the heat rushing through his body. He's not sure if it's the fire near him or just him talking about his feelings. Anyways, he doesn't like it.

"Why's that?" Prim says "Why can't you lose me?" 

Draco sighs, he is trying really hard to tell her how he feels but it's easier said in his mind than said with his words.

"It was the truth when I said I like you. It was also true when I said most of my dreams include you, Prim. I became sober for you when it was the hardest thing I had to do in a while. You're good for me, you really are. Better than anyone else" his husky voice says. 

"So you're remembering what you said to me while we were dancing that night?" Prim whispers as she never thought his drunk mind would remember.

"Of course. How could I ever forget something this wonderful and beautiful as you are" He smirks and takes her hand carefully, scared she might pull away. But she doesn't. "I shouldn't have destroyed the only thing you love dearly. I really took the words personally you said to me and reflected on my behavior. It is like I told you back then in the Great Hall. I don't deserve you, my little Primrose. But I need my garden to grow full of flowers like you to become more beautiful on the inside."

"Didn't expect you to be a poet" Prim smirks, touched by his words.

"There's a lot you don't know about me yet" Draco answers with a slight smile on his pale face.

"So now, tell me about your dreams that include me" Prim says and gets a little closer to Draco.

"Do I have to?" 

"Yes. If you'd like to keep me then yes. It takes more than just a lousy apology and some sweet words to let the sun shine down on your garden" Prim enjoys her little torture. There's nothing she loves more than being in control. There's nothing she loves more than forcing Draco to open up about his feelings.

"I'll just say it, okay? Don't interrupt me unless I am not going to talk further, get me?" Draco says tiredly. 

"Okay, I'm curious about what the famous pureblood Slytherin Draco Lucius Malfoy has to tell me"Prim grins mischievously. "Me, Primrose Lancaster, a mudblood Hufflepuff" 

"You don't have to stress it that much, do you?" Draco grins and clears his throat as Prim laughs.

"So listen. I'll only say this once because I hope I'll never have to say it again. Prim, I never, never meant to hurt you the way I did over the past few weeks. Every time I hurt you and I saw your smile fade, a piece of myself faded as well and I guess it was just the empathy that lacked. I like your smile with everything that's left of me. There's not much left, I have to admit. But the less there is remaining of myself, the more space there is inside me for you."

"That's-" 

"Don't interrupt me I said" Draco hisses smiling.

"Sorry, go on." Prim grins as she never expected those words coming from Draco.

"I guess not knowing how to treat you right, isn't a good reason to treat you the way I treated you. But maybe.. I spied on how Potter treats Ronald Weasley and now I know exactly what I have to do" Draco smirks as Prim has to burst out in laughter. "Okay, no seriously, Prim. I know exactly how I have to treat you now. I'll treat you like my father never treated my mother and I bet you won't regret it forgiving me. You gave me a lot of second chances, more than I can count but if it means I have to stay sober to be with you, I'll do it, okay?" 

Prim nods smiling with her whole face as if happiness couldn't stay inside her any longer. 

"I don't ask you to be my girlfriend, Prim. I just ask you to forgive me one last time and to go on one date with me. If you don't like it, I'll give up. But give us another chance, let me show you that I can change myself for you. I actually think you'd be surprised what kind of person I actually am. I never felt more comfortable with someone showing who I really am than I feel the way I do when I am around you. I like me better when I am with you, Lancaster. I like myself better when I am sober as well, maybe you were right. I am truly sorry, darling." Draco smiles as he doesn't regret one single word he said.

"I've never met a girl like you. No girl so beautiful, loving, and funny. And sexy I have to mention. And when I said I only long for your body when being high, this was a lie as well. I've never longed more for your body than right now when being sober as I can truly see the beauty of it for the first time." Draco says and strokes his finger across her cheek. "I know I am a horrible person. I know there are a lot of Fred Weasleys out there who might be a more perfect match than I am. I also know there will be times when I don't know how to treat you the way you deserve it but I am ready to learn and to listen. Just tell me what I am doing wrong, darling and I swear to Merlin I will do anything for you. Believe me when I tell you I've never said anything like this to any other girl. It's just you. I guess it's always been you for me." 

Draco squeezes her hand gently and lets one thumb run over her warm skin. The tingling feeling runs through his fingers straight to his heart, making it flutter with each beat. In the red and warm light of the fire flickering right next to them, Prim's eyes tear up. She knows no one has ever treated her that badly before but no one has ever told her anything more beautiful than Draco just did. If she only knew that there will be more beautiful words said than her precious heart can take. Draco just started to pour his heart out and Prim doesn't know what he hides deep down inside. 

She gets closer to Draco and pulls him into a really soft and gentle kiss. Once again their kiss is interrupted by tiny smiles of both of them. As their lips tear apart, Draco kisses her cheek and pulls her even closer into a tight hug. As their hearts meet on both their chests, he can feel her heart beating just as fast as his. They create a beautiful melody that is way too addicting to enjoy it all alone. 

"You still didn't tell me about your dreams" Prim whispers smiling, receiving a silent sigh from Draco.