Sober souls.

Draco is lying in his all-black bed, winding in pain while his body is longing for some tiny white crystals. The ice-cold sweat all over his body spreads like a virus, uncontrollable and harsh forward going, reaching every part of his body. His face contorts in pain as an electric, tingling feeling rushes through his sober body. 

He gets out of bed at a fast pace, nearly nervous and shaking. He searches for his remaining traces of coke, speed, ketamine, acid, whatever can get him high right now. If it has to be he'd even drink some draught of living death just to numb his feelings and his mind. His breath shortens, his heart starts racing as he finally finds some remaining substance glued under his desk. He doesn't even know how old it is nor what it is, he doesn't care.

As he wets his finger to rub the drug onto his gums, he stops. Draco can't think straight but at least he knows why he stayed sober for 4 days now. The longest he has been sober in 3 years was probably a few hours before going into the forbidden forest before nearly dying. And even then nobody can tell if every trace of drugs left his body back then. 4 days without using drugs, without drinking is like forever in Draco's head.

Too addictive is the intoxication of it and the feeling of being superior when it's not what you are in reality. His body is too used to feeling nothing or feeling high at least. Merlin only knows if this is an acknowledged emotion at all. As liking Prim turned into loving her, it was too much for this unless so heartless boy. Draco got taught differently. He was raised in a belief where loving is a sign of weakness. Only love is capable of destroying you the way no other emotion can. He never was raised in a loving family as he never saw how his father treated his mother right. Nothing but habit is calming the waves between those two. 

Where was he supposed to learn how to treat his girl right? Where was he supposed to become a good boyfriend, lover, husband to anyone when there's nothing but hate and simple acceptance in his life? Where was he supposed to learn what love is in the first place? And why did it take him nearly an eternity to figure out what he's feeling for Primrose? The answer to all those questions is simple in theory but way harder to understand and to accept in reality. 

They say love is right when it's at first sight. But what he has never experienced, is something he can't recognize at first sight nor second. It takes a while. It takes a while as if seeds of flowers - of little primroses, one of every color, are sowed inside him. Their roots entrench in his heart where everything starts. Slowly, if he waters it enough, if he takes good care, if the seed is just perfect for its environment, it starts to grow inside of him, making its way up to his head. Once settled in the brain, the flowers start to bloom, causing him to go blind by love. The blossoms start to grow and glow after rain. They take part over every toxic cell in his brain, changing them for the better. 

Only as long as the flower isn't withering. Only if the boy doesn't let it die.

And so he stops and throws the substance in the trash, places his wand over it, and lets it catch fire. Draco knows for what he is becoming sober. For who he is staying sober.

 For who he is staying sober

- Author's note -

Okay yes, I painted this and I know I screwed up at some points. I am not an artist but I thought maybe this will help to let this chapter come to life. Please be kind, I really gave my best hahah even though it doesn't look like it. Maybe I'll delete it later. Let's see idk. Anyways. I love you, thanks for reading and I hope you're doing fine!