11: You want a ride?

Do you know how to drive?

BOOMER
Everything was okay.

But by everything, I selfishly meant everything associated with me. Whether my brothers were good or not; I had no idea. But they knew, if they ever needed someone to talk to, my doors are never open. There problems are too much for only me to handle. Especially Butch.

Dad didn't lock his room again like he usually did. -Big mistake, I snooped around so much. If I die anytime soon, it's because I sniffed something I shouldn't have-. I suspect he has gotten too old to remember trivial things like that. -I wouldn't consider the safety of his dumb son trivial though-. It's only been a week since he stopped but you never know how one could have aged within a week.

A week is a freaking long time. You could get a haircut in a week, you could grow taller in a week -Brick still wouldn't admit I have gotten taller than him-, you could learn something as useless as photosynthesis within a week. Did my hate for the subject come off too strong?

To summarize, a week is too freaking long. That's why I cursed when my dad told me I wouldn't be able to get my car till Friday.

"Friday? That's seven days too far." I complained. My brothers wore the same annoyed look as I did.

Dad ran his palm across his face, "there's nothing I can do about it."

"It took us less than a day to get here. Why is it different from a car?" Butch and Brick looked like they were nearing acceptance.

"Well, if humans were transported the same way as cars, it would be called trafficking and if it was the other way around, it's called I am going broke." I didn't understand anything he said but I could tell he was being sarcastic. I have gotten a lesson on that from Brick.

Friday. A whole seven days I had to be away from my baby for such a long time. But finally, it was back in my possession. Nothing could have been more beautiful than the moment I ran into it's warm embrace and kissed it like it was the love of my life -probably because it was. That's why that Friday morning I wasn't so angry to get up early for school.

For the first time in a long time, I went to school with a smile on my face and happiness in my heart and also the first time in a long time I got a reality check. I frowned, the energy being drained from my body at the sight of the school building. Just as I drove into the school gates, every happiness I felt was stripped.

I slammed my car door, my frustration growing with the frown on my face getting deeper. I can't wait to graduate. Only a year and seven weeks more.

I ignored the glances sent my way. Most were awe at my car, others were annoyance for loudly slamming my door shut. The hands over there mouths and others on their hearts classified them into awe and annoyance.

I sighed and waltzed into the school building. The building I was now very much accustomed to.

Honestly, I thought it would take me a while for me to get used to the change but I was doing perfectly fine. By Wednesday, I knew every nook and cranny of the building. I could navigate my way pretty well. Talent. I will actually take the risk of discrediting myself by letting you know. This school is similar to back home's. It was built the same way, their colours were almost the same. Blue and grey; the former and the present; blue and white. I pity whoever does the sport teams laundry. There's so little a washing machine can do.

I absentmindedly waved at my creative arts' teacher; Miss Martin. She beamed at me. "Hello Boomer." A pair of blue eyes fell on me at the mention of my name.

The petite woman was always so enthusiastic, probably to counteract her Dark Vader voice. Okay that was over exaggerated. She did sound like she smoked bit and she didn't have that bad of a masculine voice but it wasn't feminine either.