10: Cheer me on?

Buttercup's POV
Blossom wouldn't like to hear this but I'm done with school. I didn't care about my grades, I don't care about the teachers, I didn't care about the boring classes I ended up tuning out anyway, hell I didn't even need it. I wanted to become someone who got lucky with Bitcoin and I didn't need an education for that. Either that or a cook. Nah, I loved food more than anything in the world but my hate for cooking surpasses that love. I would rather starve than enter a kitchen. Probably why I was a fat fuck, I could easily get snacks without lifting a finger or my body from my bed. Getting powers was baaad.

I was strolling down the hallway which with packed chattering students whose faces of dread towards the day matched mine while pondering on what I was going to have for lunch. I haven't even had first period yet. I was gonna tune out all the classes for the day like I always did. It's gonna be easier sleeping through them considering I was very tired. It was that time of the week again. How did I deal with this and my period? I'm a superhuman. I should be paid for being alive.

"You're sporty right?" Butch popped out of the swarm of students and wrapped his arm around me. I should have seen him even in this swarm because he was towering over almost everybody.

I was startled but I managed to hide it. A few people glanced at us, but their attention immediately went back to what they were doing after I glared.

I shrugged his arm off, "why?"

"I'm trying out for basketball."

I eyed him. I wasn't surprised, maybe I was but at the fact it took him this long to tryout. Although he didn't impress me when he was running my endless laps, he looked like someone that played sports was probably just rusty because he just moved.

His eyes that were ahead of him were on me. He looked at me weirdly. "You're not going to ask how that concerns you?"

I circled my face, "It's written on my face."

He looked like he was going to make a comment about that but decided it wasn't worth it with a long dramatic sigh. "I need you to come cheer for me while I try out." I didn't reply. I could see him get agitated with my silence. "I guess your face is asking why?"

I nodded.

"You're like this scary badass so they won't dare not let me on the team since I am friends with you." He sounded like a child which I found cute. It was hard not to ruffle his head and pinch his cheeks, from what I know about him, he would have liked it but for my dignity sake I couldn't try it.

"You're not confident in your own skill?" I asked. On noticing we were about to pass our classroom by, I grabbed him by his hand and pulled him in.

We had like two classes together a day and on Fridays we had all our classes together. Such a stalker. That morning we had History.

I let go of his hand heading to the window seat at the last row leaving him to decide whether he wanted to follow me or not.

He did, continuing the conversation, "I am. But having you as a friend is like have a trophy wife. You're a.... trophy friend." He said the latter like he came up with a nickname that needed approval.

I shook my head. A nickname was meant to be cute or badass not whatever that was.

"Was that a no for the name or for cheering me on?" He leaned in, his brows raised.

"The name. As for cheering you on," I smirked, "we'll see about that."

-
"Who's paying for the Uber today?" Blossom asked, she just came from the outside cafeteria. Said something about her being done with Brick.