"And before there was a Riverdale, all this land belonged to the Uktena."

"How did the Uktena evolve into the Serpents?"

"The Uktena, we didn't evolve. We were all slaughtered." That upset me

"When my grandpa was a baby, there was a raid, and it was led by your hero over there, General Pickens. The battle, if you want to call it that... only lasted for 12 minutes, but the slaughter was total and savage."

"The General Pickens... whose statue stands proudly in Pickens Park?"

"Yes, and every year the Northside honors this man who massacred children. When my grandpa died, we formed the Serpents as a way to keep the family together."

"How do people not know about this?"

"Well, some do, but..."

"It's called the whitewashing of history, Jones. What, did you think Jason Blossom was the first person to be murdered in Riverdale?" Once back home I was in a full anger mode

"Ugh this is such complete deviation mother" one of the men hand me the poster and I rip it apart

"Um festival para um assassino, como as pessoas podem adorar o homem que assassinou uma tribo completa e considerá-lo um herói, não menos o que ele fez à pobre mulher e às crianças. Mãe, como a vovó pode deixar de fora tal tragédia que aconteceu com nossa espécie! (A festival for a murderer how can people worship the man who murdered a complete tribe and look upon him as hero no less what he did to the poor woman and children Mom how can grandma leave out such tragedy that happened to our kind!)"

"Sweetheart you were to young to know the horror of the truth"

"But for this town to look upon a man who has shed blood of innocent people mother for taken land of our kind with blood shed his no hero his a covarde (coward)" couple days go on

in my kitchen while eating breakfast Xavier my right hand hands me a news article of the school as I start reading it my eyes widen in anger once at school I look for Jones and find him

"Are you insane Jones!" He gets jump scared of my shouting I walk into the class room

"Once Toni see this your dead what where you thinking posting this article Jughead"

"I..."

"General Pickens was a murderer... and ripples from his gruesome acts continue to be felt today. Descendants of the victims are still being displaced. So I challenge the Northside, instead of honoring men like General Pickens and Hiram Lodge, hold them accountable. Reparations must be paid to men like Thomas Topaz, who are too old and beaten down to fight back for themselves."

"This town is messed up, and it needs to own up to its history." I scoffed laughing

"My grandfather isn't some broken-down victim, okay? Or some prop for your insane vendetta against the Northside."