Life 7-2 Chapter 22: Romantic Wormatic

The first thing Issei did upon returning to the Occult Research Clubroom, his friends in tow, was to hold his arm out expectantly at Rias' direction.

The redhead rolled her eyes good-naturedly but handed him a thousand yen bill all the same.

"What's that all about?" Irina asked, confused while everyone else (bar Kiba and Gasper) chuckled at the exchange.

"Nothing to concern yourself with." Issei said with smug satisfaction, pocketing the bill and dropping onto the couch. "So, why are you here Irina? Not that I think having a beautiful girl like you around is a bad thing, I just wanna know why."

[You're laying it on too thick.] Ddraig said as response to Issei abysmal attempt at flirting with the brown-haired girl. [Booooo.]

"Oh shut up." Issei mentally rolled his eye at him. 'What would you know about this kind of thing?'

[Partner, I've been in different types of people in thousands of years, and most of them got laid. A lot. So believe me when I say I know more about this than you.]

Irina blushed lightly at his compliment and smiled back at him. "Thank you Issei-kun." Just then, Sona Sitri and Azazel arrived in the room, the latter coming in with his signature slouch, hands in pockets while the former looked a little miffed at the man by her side.

Issei blinked in surprise, staring at the new arrivals. "What are you two doing here?"

"Isn't it natural for me to be here?" Azazel raised an eyebrow, pouting as his eyes came across Rias occupying her (rightful) seat. He wanted that seat. He sighed sadly and settled for the couch right across Issei with Sona following, who answered. "I'm here as the Student Council President, not a Devil."

"Oh." Issei nodded, dropping his fist on his open palm. "That makes sense."

"Right." Irina shook her head then straightened her posture, saying. "Everyone! My name is Shidou Irina. I'm here, to Kuoh Academy, as a messenger to the angels. Please get along with me!"

"Irina." Xenovia smiled at her. "You didn't have to introduce yourself like that to us. We already know you anyway."

Issei, hearing that, muttered. "At least she didn't try to smash an Excalibur Fragment at my face."

Xenovia at least had the shame to look embarrassed. "I apologized for that didn't I? And that was a long time ago!"

"I saved your life and you tried to repay it by taking mine away from me! This is one of those things I'll never be able to forget."

Xenovia pouted and leaned back against her seat, looking away. "I said I was sorry." She said sulkily.

Suddenly, Azazel, showing just how lacking he was in both tact and sensitivity, asked Irina, and getting to what he saw as more important. "What happened to you?"

"S-sensei?!" Xenovia asked, half confused and half irritated for her friend's sake. "What are you talking about?!"

Azazel ignored her and barreled on. "Your Aura….Hm, it feels…..different. Oh, I see now." He murmured, understanding flickering through his eyes. "I can't believe that actually did it without my help. I wanted to help." He pouted childishly. "You're a Reincarnated Angel now, aren't you?"