Life 2-3 Chapter 6: The Battle

Once the light died down, Issei saw... the clubroom.

Issei's mind tried to find the reason for that.

'We're in the clubroom?' Issei looked at the window and saw the whole school, exactly like before except for one difference. The sky was bright like daylight instead of the midnight it should be. 'No, it seems that the whole school is here too. So they sent us to a dimension that's exactly like home? Why? Because he wanted to give us an advantage?'

Rias made a noise of disgust. Issei turned towards her inquiringly.

"Buchou?"

"This really is like him. He probably did something like this to show me that even with me having an advantage, he'll still win. I won't give him the satisfaction. I'll make sure that we win this game."

A chorus of approval greeted her declaration.

The voice of Grayfia the maid sounded through the room.

[Hello everyone. I am Grayfia, a maid from the House of Gremory and I will be the arbiter of the match between Rias Gremory and Riser Phenex. In the name of my master, Sirzechs Lucifer, I will observe this match. With Riser-sama and Rias-sama's opinion, we created this battlefield, Kuoh Academy, the school which Rias-sama attends in the human world.]

'I see. So it seems that we have the field advantage because of Riser's arrogance. I guess it works out to our favor' Issei, now firmly in battle mode, found the advantages he could use in this field.

[Rias-sama's base is in the Occult Research Club room in the old school building while Riser-sama's is in the Student Council room in the new school building. If the [Pawn's] are to promote, then please go to the opposing sides location.]

"We first have to deal with the [Pawn's] first, or it'll really be trouble if they all promote to [Queens]"

Issei agreed. To siege a castle, take away all fortifications, supplies and, in this case, their reinforcements, especially ones as dangerous as a [Queen] nevermind eight. He had as solution for that.

"Buchou. I have a way to deal with them."

"What is it?" Rias was intrigued.

"Well, it's simple really-"

That was the start of the Rating Game.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Kuoh Academy was built different than most Japanese schools.

The main building was made with a unique design with large glass windows and Greek style pillars at the entrance.

The old school building was built in a similar way except for the lack of pillars at the entrance.

The gymnasium in the middle was a huge creation, as expected of a building designed for housing the whole population of students for events of the school.

The boundaries of the school itself were surrounded by a veritable forest, overgrown trees filling it with only a few cobbled pathways leading from one place to another. In the branches of one of those trees, a few hundred feet away from the old school building, crouched Issei. He was waiting for the [Pawns] that he expected would be approaching from here.