Life 6-1 Chapter 17: The Road to Hell

Did I die and go to heaven?'

That was the only thing that Issei could manage the moment he opened his eyes. The scene before him could hardly be considered normal. Rias, Akeno and Asia were all sharing his bed, which would normally be more than enough to short circuit his brain. However, one thing stood out in his mind.

'When the hell did my bed become big enough for all four of us?' The last Issei had checked, which was just last night, the bed could barely hold three of them, and now four people were managing to sleep comfortably with more than enough space for at least a dozen more bodies to fit.

'What's that on my chest?' Issei wondered before getting his answer by pulling off the bed sheet he was using. "Koneko-chan!" Issei couldn't quite keep himself from squawking in surprise once he saw the sleeping catgirl laying on top of him, clinging to him like a hug pillow.

She groaned softly, stirring around before tightening her hold on him. "Senpai." She mumbled, nuzzling close to his chest. Issei, not knowing what to do, settled on patting her head softly, eliciting a purr from his junior.

"Okay, I've been through weirder stuff. I guess I'll just go back to sleep." Issei muttered, trying to roll over when something caught his eye. "When the hell did I ever own a PS3?" Issei wriggled his left arm free from Akeno's hold and reached up to rub his eyes. Nope, the console was still there. Issei paused before rubbing again furiously.

When did his wall become wall-mounted with a 1080p TV? Actually, for that matter, when the hell did his room become big enough for his wall to contain a 1080p TV? And...were those every console there was on the market? Issei could make out an Xbox one in there, and, if he looked closer, he could even see an Atari there.

"Mmmm, Issei, what are you doing?" Rias yawned, sitting up on his bed with nothing but an oversized t-shirt on her.

"Buchou," On any other day, Issei would stare at her for a few more moments before going on, a habit he had picked up when Rias started to sleep over in his room, but today, he had other matters to take care of. "why is my room exponentially larger than when I went to sleep?"

"It is?" She looked around and took in the reconstruction of his room. "Oh right, I asked onii-sama to renovate the house so it would be less crowded."

"And he managed to do it...without waking us up?"

"Yes."

"How?" Issei asked incredulously. "How is that even possible?"

"He's a Maou." She said as if that explained everything.

"Ah, okay." Issei said, accepting the simple explanation.

"Senpai, lay down." Koneko half-pleaded, half-ordered Issei as his sitting up began to interrupt with her much-needed nap. "I want to sleep with you."

Issei looked up to see Rias with a wide smile on her face. "Well you heard her. Sleep. I'll cook breakfast. I'll wake you all up when it's done."

"O-okay." Issei closed his eyes and laid down, closing his free hand over Koneko and pulling her close to him.

()()()()()()()()()

"Okay, how and when did this happen?" Issei asked, finishing his meal and laying down his chopsticks beside his plate. "Our normal, everday house has become a freaking eight-story mansion."