Life 5-3 Chapter 16: The Storm

[Transfer!] Issei held up his gauntlet-clad arm and used his Sacred Gear in order to strengthen the defenses put up around the building.

He cursed as he felt the wave of power pour over him and found it to be familiar. Gasper. They had left him back in the clubroom because his power wasn't still up to the level where he could safely prevent it from going out of control. If it went off during a critical moment in the meeting, then it would be very bad for the negotiations. It seemed that whoever was attacking, they had used him in order to try and weaken all of them.

{Divide!} At the same time he moved, Vali launched himself off his chair and out the window into the empty air. Even as he watched, the sky turned from noon to black as midnight. Vali held up his Divine Dividing and used it on the power of Forbidden Valor View, weakening it enough for the strengthened barrier to effortlessly repel it.

The black sky began to suddenly glow, a huge magical circle hanging over the building, shining with power. Cloaked figures began to descend from it, each of them radiating the aura of a magician.

The leaders of the Three Powers were still sitting around the table, Azazel even sipping at his tea as if nothing was happening.

"Azazel, did you do this?" Michael asked with the air of someone inquiring about the weather.

"No, it wasn't me." Azazel answered blandly, putting down his cup and standing up to stretch. "I think it's that half-vampire boy. The Forbidden Valor View. Sigh. Now they've done it. Whoever it was, they don't seem to like us very much."

'You think?' Issei thought sarcastically.

"This is bad." Sirzechs hummed. "This power of his, of Gasper-kun, is increasing by the minute. If it continues like this, then even we may be stuck in time. And then..."

"We'd be in a bad situation." Michael finished solemnly.

'...I think this guy's the Captain Obvious of Heaven.'

[Well, he is the anti-thesis of the Prince of Lies.]Ddraig answered dryly.

"Michael-sama! Gabriel-sama! There are intruders attacking the meeting!" A voice called out, and from the door of the room came Irina, still dressed in that cloak of hers.

[Oh look, another one with the amazing powers of observation.]

'She's a regular Sherlock Holmes isn't she?' Issei agreed.

"Yes, we know Irina." The now confirmed Gabriel said gently. "We're thinking of a way to get out of here safely."

"Okay!" She turned and when she saw Xenovia, her eyes widened. "Xenovia."

"Irina." The blue-haired knight tried to step forward but Irina turned away.

'...Is this really the time for high school drama!?'

[Everytime is the time for a RomCom moment!] Ddraig declared emphatically.

'Not the time Ddraig.'

[I beg to differ.]The dragon sniffed haughtily.

"So, what are we going to do here?" Issei asked, stepping into the crux of the matter.