Chapter 13: Side Stories

()()()()(Side Story 1: A pet for Asia.)()()()()

"Familiars?" Issei asked as he and Asia settled into the clubroom.

"Yes. Familiars are an important part of devil culture. They are helpful and assists most devils in their jobs. For example."

POP!

A red bat poofed into existence at Rias' right shoulder.

"This is mine." Akeno smiled and held up her hand. A small Japanese Oni appeared in it, blinking at everyone.

"This is Shiro." Koneko held up a small white kitten towards them who was pawing at the air.

'A cat youkai with a cat familiar?' Issei thought.

"And this is mine." Kiba said, a small falcon perched on his forearm.

"Buchou, the magic circle is ready." Akeno reported.

"Asia, Issei, let's go get you a familiar."

()()()()()()()()()

Issei looked around as they stepped through the magic circle, seeing a veritable forest of dead trees, their naked branches swinging ominously in the wind.

"Where are we?" Asia asked, huddling close to Issei.

"We're in the Forest of Familiars." Kiba supplied. "This is the place where most of the Devils find and contract their familiars."

"Get daze!" A voice yelled from up atop the trees. They looked up to see a man in a yellow, sleeveless shirt, short pants, fingerless gloves and a cap worn backwards on his head perched on one of the branches.

"My name is Satooji of Madara Town! I'm a devil training to be a Familiar Master!"

'Oh come on! This is just a blatant parody of Pokemon!' Issei raged internally. 'Seriously though? Satooji?'

"Satooji-san, these are the ones I talked to you about." Rias informed the eccentric man."

"Ah, yes yes. The blonde beauty and the dull boy. Sure! Leave them to me and I'll get them a Familiar in no time!"

"Issei, Asia. This person here is an expert when it comes to these animals. He'll teach you how to approach them, how to talk to them and how to bind them. Follow his orders okay?"

""Okay."" Asia and Issei chorused.

"Now before anything else, let me ask: What type of familiar do you want? Fast? Strong? Deadly?" Satooji asked conversationally as he began to lead them through the woods.

"Well, I don't really know anything about these. So what would you recommend?" Issei asked, ducking under a branch and holding it up for Asia.

"Ah!" He exclaimed. He stopped and began to rummage in his rucksack, holding up a book. He flipped it open and shoved it to his direction. "This one! One of the Dragon Kings herself, Tiamat ,The Chaos Karma Dragon!"

"ARE YOU FUCKING HIGH!? YOU EXPECT A YOUNG DEVIL TO CATCH A DRAGON KING!?" Issei thought. Out loud, he asked. "Um, yeah... no. Don't you have something a little less, i don't no, eat your heart out?" There, he could do diplomatic when he needed to. He patted himself on the back.