Life 2-4 Chapter 7: The Aftermath

[Riser-sama retires. Rias Gremory-sama is the winner.]

Issei sighed, bringing his arms down to his side. He stared at where Riser once stood.

"Issei." Behind him, he heard Rias breathe out his name. He turned and smiled at his Master.

"Buchou-"

They were interrupted by the light that covered their figures. When it faded, they were in a rather large room, where the maid, Grayfia, was waiting along with two red-haired men that bore a certain resemblance to Rias.

"RIA-CHANNN! THAT WAS SO SCARYYYYYYY! YOU HAD ME SO WORRIED YOU KNOW! I NEARLY CRIED WHEN YOUR KNIGHT WAS ATTACKEDDDD!" With a sob, the older-looking of the two redheads launched himself at Rias, latching onto her with his two hands.

"O-otou-sama!?" She began to squirm and when she saw Issei's perplexed face, she struggled even harder, face beginning to gain a reddish hue. "Please let me go!"

After a few more minutes of struggling(Rias) and crying(Her father), the two of them finally separated, giving a chance for the more mature of the two to talk to Rias.

"Ria-tan! You managed to become a proper woman! I'm so happy for you!"

Okay, maybe not.

"Onii-sama! Please stop, you're embarrassing me!"

"Rias, to think that you wold be embarrassed to be hugged by me even though you used to yell 'Onii-sama, Onii-sama' when you were young! Is this what finding a man does to you!?" The newly revealed brother, which was Sirzechs Lucifer, if Issei was correct, was now crying as he held on to his little sister.

Grayfia, the only one who was remotely calm in the room dragged the protesting Sirzechs by his ear.

"Grayia! Stop, it hurts!" It looked like even one of the four Satans was helpless in the face of his wife.

'Is this really one of the most powerful men in the underworld?' Issei thought. He honestly expected something more... fire and brimstone and cries of the damned to be honest. It really does seem that most of his preconceptions about devils(and what he was taught about them) were wrong.

"You two, please stop with that. It's undignified"

The two instantly snapped their mouth shut.

"Ahh right. Rias, I think that you would want to see your peerage members, am I right?" Sirzechs said, now getting back on track.

Rias, looking at Issei from the corner of her eye, nodded quickly, desperate to get out of that embarrassing moment.

However when Grayfia opened the door, a shout began to echo from the hallway.

"ONIIIIII-SAMAAAAAAAA!" A red blur began to rapidly approach them and, once the doorway was cleared, jumped up and tackled Issei, nearly bringing him down to the ground.

"Ooof!" Issei grunted, trying to adjust the hold he had on the short figure he held in his hand. Once he managed to blink out the spots in his vision, he looked down to find a happy face beaming up to him.