Life 1-3 Chapter 3: Decisions

Juggernaut Drive.

It was the power of the Boosted Gear and Divine Dividing. In exchange for the user's life and sanity, it temporarily removes the seals placed on the Two Heavenly Dragons, granting the wielder with the immense strength that made the dragons so powerful.

It wasn't enough.

Even Issei, without concern for his own well being and wielding the power capable of killing gods, was simply too young to properly stand against the full might of the Chaos Brigade alone, as evidenced by numerous wounds, scratches and bruises along with a couple of broken bones he received from fighting the whole force.

The Dimension Lost, allowing one to use mist to transfer anyone and anything to a different dimension. Rumor was it that Georg used it to transfer a whole town and it's occupants all at once.

Annihilation Maker, capable of making monsters that defied the laws of physics and was limited only by the imagination of the wielder, powerful enough to be capable of destroying the world when used by certain people.

The True Longinus, one of the Five Holy Relics of the Church, The First Longinus, and the God Killing spear that pierced the side of Jesus Christ Himself and unquestionably THE most powerful Sacred Gear there is.

It spoke highly of Issei's skills that he was able to last 2 hours against them through sheer determination, even injuring them all, with Cao Cao effectively losing his left eye.

In Issei's mind, or what was left of it anyway, thought, rather grimly.

'At least if I die, I left that asshole a reminder of who I am.'

As Issei began to rear up to fight against the Chaos Brigade again, prepared to go down fighting, a voice cut through his hazy mind, stopping him from his charge.

"Rival, stop. You've done enough."

'V-Vali?'

"Nya~ Sekiryuutei-chin, Vali's right you know? Let us take care of them~!"

"Yare yare, Vali is this your rival? You should've introduced us to him at a better time, not when we're saving him from the Chaos Brigade."

{Divide!}

When Vali and his platoon and teachers charged against the army, Issei only had one thought.

'Vali, please, save her.'

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

"Well that isn't a good sign."

Issei stated as he woke up, staring straight at the ceiling of his room. It certainly wasn't, dreaming of your failures never was, much less without good reason. It was quite ominous, almost like an omen of bad things to come.

"As if something like that would happen!"

Issei scoffed at himself. Honestly, dreams about his past being a warning for his future? His life wasn't an anime, thank you very much.

Standing up, he went to ready himself for school that day. He absently looked at the clock. 7:30. Well that should give him enough time to-