Screaming||Demons

It was in the middle of the night and Matthew was drifting in and out of awake and asleep. He was thinking about yesterday and today. He thought about months back and the possible future. He was almost fully asleep when a scream ripped through the apartment, Matt jolted out of the comfy mattress and ran to the black door down the hall.

He swung the door open to be greeted by a broken boy watching as his muscles tensed and relaxed again, jerking almost.

Matt stepped into the room, unsure of what to do, and trying to relax tense muscles. He sits carefully on the edge of the bed and whispers carter's name. He hoped for a response.

"Don't let him hurt me please." The sound of carter's plea made Matt's heart stop. Who was he talking about?

Then carter started to scream again, tears started to leak from the smaller boy's eyes. Matt's heart ached as he wrapped his arms tenderly around carter.

"Shhh Baby boy, it's okay..." Matthew whispered into the hair of the boy that gripped onto his bare chest.

"I'll protect you, no one is going to hurt you."

Carter woke up as soon as matthew wrapped his arms around him, it was a strange feeling. Only his mother treated him this way, he had boyfriends but they all were either physically or mentally abusive.

He thought that was all he deserved. 

No one ever promised to protect him, they always told him he wasn't worth it. Matt was telling him he was basically in his mind by saying he was going to make sire he was alright.

Matt pulled away after a while of just carter crying, soon he calmed and that was when matt pulled away.

"You okay now?" Matt didn't ask what the nightmare was about, he thought that carter would tell him on his own time.

"Yeah, I'm okay now." Matt started to get up and leave. "Wait, please don't go, stay?"

Matt stopped, he didn't even think about it as he walked over to the opposite side where carter lay and crawl in.

Both of them that night had gotten the best sleep in a while.

×Morning×

Matt woke up with the smell of mint burning his nose, he turned and was greeted with black hair in his face. Carter snored softly and matt grinned to himself. He's the cutest thing, Matt thought as he brushed some of carter's fringe-ish hair out of the way to see his closed eyes.

"I think I could wake up like this everday." He whispered to himself.

A/N= im so sorry my wifi went out and so now i can onky update at my mom's (weekends) buuutttt i am not dead so yeah... fluffy stuff for yea