She's right. It's not. Nothing bad happened except that one time in the mall, but that's it. But that's how it went last time. Six years ago. 

Everything was fine until one day, everything went to shit. 

So I just know that if we don't get out now, which we probably won't anymore, worse shit will happen to us. To Cataleya and her family.

'Was that the first kill you've witnessed?' She asks, covering her mouth as she speaks. I shake my head and hear the crunch of the berries in her mouth. 'No.'

A flash of curiosity glimmers across her face. I don't have to explain myself to her, but I want to. I want Celine to know me, even though I lied to her about the pregnancy thing. 

'The first was six years ago, my family got murdered while I was out with the Curzio's.' She stops herself from taking another bite and looks at me. 'What? You must've already known that.' 

Celine looks sorry for asking the question in the first place, but it's not her fault. 'I didn't know.' Oh.. 'I thought Tiago told you.' She shakes her head, before slowly taking another bite. 'Well, I didn't really witness it. But you get the point.' 

I really want to change the subject, but I don't know how. Celine seems to notice my awkwardness and smiles for a second. 'He didn't tell me what happened before you left, just that he wanted you back.' 

'He couldn't stop talking about you Neveah.' 'As if. Every girl that walks past them, turns around and throws themselves at their feet.' I state, making her giggle before responding, 'That is true, but he always had you on his mind.' 

I pick a blueberry from her bowl and eat it, letting the sweet taste cheer me up a little. 'He told me he slept with over four-hundred girls Celine, don't tell me that I'm the one on his mind.' 

'Do you know how many girls freaked out because he moaned your name?' I can barely keep my mouth shut and look at her with wide eyes. 'What?' She nods before scraping the bottom of her bowl and finishing the last bite. 

'I said what I said.' Celine walks over to the sink, rinsing the bowl before placing it in the dishwasher. 

'You're just saying that to cheer me up.' I state, walking over to her so I can figure out if she's telling me the truth. 'If you say so.' She simply shrugs and chucks away a glass of water. 

'So what are your plans for today?' 'Nothing since Rio gave us a day off after last night.' She nods before jumping onto the counter. I smile and lean back, watching as she bites into a green apple. 

'How is Cataleya taking it?' I sigh and look at the kitchen-door for a sec, afraid that she might've woken up already and freaked out about me not being there with her. 'Well, she had a full panic attack for about two hours, but she finally fell asleep.' 

'Where are they anyways?' I ask, referring to the Curzio men. 'Something went wrong with a shipment in Madrid, so they have to get things ready for departure.' Departure? 

'Rio is going to send men there tonight. So they can fix it.' I nod and take a deep breath. 'Look, I have to get going. But if you want to, I can stay in today?' 

'That's not-' 'You can't miss a day at work, Elle. I'll stay with her.' Celine and I turn our heads towards the door. Tiago is standing there, wearing a white shirt, stained with crimson-colored spots splattered all over his shirt. 

'Since when did you get back?' I didn't hear a door either... 'Just a few seconds ago.' The door slams shut and footsteps slowly approach the kitchen. 'Goodmorning, shouldn't you be off to work?'