chapter 23

"Do you jump out at people and say boo?"

"I've done that once or twice for a laugh."

"Do you age?"

"Of course."

"Oh oh, do you drink blood?"

Me and Misty both put our lunches down and look at Cassie.

"What? I'm curious." Says Cassie as she looks at me expectantly.

"She's half ghost Cassie, not half vampire." Says Misty with a small laugh.

At this, I couldn't help it anymore and burst out laughing. Both my friends follow behind me. It had been a week since the sleepover, and I couldn't be happier. And before you ask, no , Cassie and I were not sent home, but Misty was grounded from video games for the next week. But back on topic, Both Cassie and Misty were really ok with the fact I was practicing half dead and other than there constant questions about my powers and what it was like to be a ghost they were really cool about it.

"And before you ask no, I'm not allergic to garlic." I joke, making the three of us start laughing

"So, you sure were good to come over after school?" Asks Misty.

"Of course, as long as we don't go into the lab, We'll be ok. Oh, and no making googoo eyes at my Dad." I smile, glancing at Cassie, who was a rather big fangirl."

"I make no promises." She says with a small smirk.

Just as I'm about to retort, I feel an all to familiar shiver run up my spine, making me gasp as a whisp of visible greenish blue ectoplasm escapes from my mouth and lingers a bit before dissipating.

"Wow, what was that?" Asks Misty as she takes another bite out of her lunch.

"Ghost senses it let's me know when a ghost is near by." I say as I quickly look around the classroom and grab my phone to call mom or dad just in case.

I started to open my phones contacts to hit mom's phone number, being the first one I saw when a very familiar voice yelled behind me and I feel like someone runs into the back of my chair.

"Dani dani, you've got to help me!" I jump out of my chair to see my best friend Jacob McLain better known throughout the ghost zone as the ghost kid youngblood. The rest of my classmates turn to look at us.

"Jake, what are you doing?" I ask my friend a who I could now see was very paniced and scared.

"You got to help me. You've got to hide me." He says, looking around the room at all the kids looking at him.

"Hide you from who?" I ask before I feel another shiver go up my spine, and a gasp and whisp of greenish blue mist comes from my mouth just before a loud alarm goes off.

"Oh crap." he says, looking behind him scared.

My classmates start to panic while Miss Oswald grabs the class emergency bag and starts to calm the kids. I pull my personal Fenton thermos out of my bag just as a tall, bulky ghost phases through the wall. He had a rather square jaw with very rough stubble he wore a pair of disheveled dress pants and a dress shirt that was half tucked in as well as a black tie his tan trench coat billowing as he floats into the room and lands on the ground. He pulls a box of cigarettes from a pocket in his coat and puts one in his mouth. He takes a long draw on the cigarette, and the end starts to smolder.

"I'm looking for Jacob McLain." He says gruffly.

As soon as the ghost says this, the whole class runs from the room, Miss Oswald trying to get the students to not hurt each other. I quickly toss misty my phone.

"Call sam. Let her know there's a ghost at school." I tell her.

"What about you?" Asks Cassie.

I look to make sure there's no more kids in the room and smirk setting the thermos on my desk.

"Oh, I'm going to have a little fun." I smirk and let the light blue rings form around me and transform me.

The ghost looks at us as Misty and cassie run from the room, Misty quickly calling my mom.

"Ah, there you are." He says, looking at Jacob.

"You're not touching my friend." I say, getting in front of Jacob.

The ghost looks surprised "huh another ghostling." He says, pulling a small book from the inside of his coat and checking it."I don't got any others on my list, but it could be an oversight." He says then shrugs "eh what the hell? I'll take you back with me, too, and we can figure it out later."

The ghost takes another long draw on his cigarette. the cancer stick burning down to the filter. The ghost lets out a sigh and flicked it to the ground, then smothers it with his foot. Then comes over to us.

I raise an ecto shild between us, stopping him in his tracks. he looks it up and down and balls his fist and gives it a hard punch. The shield shatters into a million pieces. I stager back into Jake, only the feel the trench coat guy grab me by the head and throw me across the room. I slam into the white bord and fall to the ground.

I quickly get up and charge an ecto blast in my hand, but I dont get a chance to fire it as the trench coat was too fast. he punches me in the gut, I double over but recover fast enough to dodge the right hook that fallowed, I charge ecto energy in my hands and shift to my right and getting a little behind him, I throw a quick set of jabs at his kidneys. he groans out in pain and swings an arm at me. I quickly turn intangibal, letting his arm go through me. I turn solid again and cup my hands and fire a strong ecto blast at him. It hits him square in the chest, making him fly back and slam into Miss Ozwalds desk.

i look at him in astonishment as he slowly stands up. semingly not fazed by my blast, he brushes off his coat and looks at me with a scowle.

"Yea, you're definitely coming with me," he says, anger in his red eyes.

I put my hands up in a fighting stance, ready to fight, only for him to dash forward. Grab me by the face and slam me into the ground hard. I groan in pain. I turn my head to see the ghost go over to a cowering Jake and pick him up and sling him over his shoulder. He then floats over and picks me up under his arm. I feel us go intangibal before we fly up into the sky through the roof, only to stop abruptly.

"Put my daughter and her friend down now!" says the angry and deep voice of my father.

I lift my head to see my dad floating in front of us "ahh phantom I was hoping to run into you," says the ghost, holding me like I'm a sack of potatoes The ghost pulls a business card from a pocket in his coat and hands it to my dad

"Names Tracy Nash I'm a truancy officer for the ghost zone school system. And I've been hunting this one here since September, and finally cornerd him here to only encounter this young Miss now ghost zone law states all ghost may they be natural or manifested must attend the ghost kings academy till they reach there 18th birth/death day whichever comes first" he says dad was about to get angry again when Nash cuts him off "and before you jump to conclusions this isn't one of walkers dumb laws this has been around since before pariah dark." He says

Dad nods. "Why don't you give me the girl, and we can talk about this back at my place? We were getting a lot of attention, " he says, holding his arms out for me.

Nash looks around, seeing the whole student body watching them and nods "yes good call," he says, but doesn't pass me to my father.

"The girl now," says Daddy, his deep voice sounding very threatening.

Nash gives him a hard look, sighs, and gives me to him the two, then fly to  Fenton works.