Chapter 4: The Fox Sin of Greed

Mazoku
I wake up and find us nearing Dalmary. I make breakfast again and Melodias, Elizabeth, and I eat. I go out and get large amounts of food for Diane. Once we reach Dalmary, Hawk's mom buries herself to hide and we all go out and head towards Baste Prison.

On our way there we encounter Fresia and Golgius. Diane stops a bug swarm and Elizabeth protects a farmer and his child from some bugs. Golgius makes Diane and Meliodas hallucinate and they fight each other.

After Diane and Meliodas come back to their senses and Meliodas is injured quite a bit. Elizabeth gets the nearest doctor and gets Meliodas some help. The doctor helps Meliodas but he actually poisoned him.

Elizabeth gets worried and so does Diane and Hawk. Golgius comes back and tries to grab Meliodas' sword that hes used for years since he lost Lostvayne but Golgius fails. I know that Meliodas will be fine so I head off to Baste Prison and leave a note for the others.

I reach the entrance to Baste Prison and smirk. I speed my way in and get to Ban's cell almost immediately.

"C'mon Ban. Let's get out of here. Captain and Diane are waiting. It shouldnt be long." I say.

"Well well well... if it isnt Zuko~" Ban says.

"Let's just go. C'mon-" I say.

I barely finish my sentence when Jude rushes in. I sigh and let a little bit of killing intent out. I grab him by the head before he can move at all and bash his head with my knee. He goes unconcious and I rip off his head arms legs and fingers off of his body staring at him coldly.

I sigh and Ban looks at me shocked.

"Let's just go." I say.

I get interrupted again but this time it's Meliodas and Diane along with a girl, Hawk, and Elizabeth. Ban and Meliodas see each other and I step back a little and Diane tells the others to hide behind her.

Meliodas and Ban high five each other then punch each other across the hall and then they start an arm wrestling match. As they play they say who's won more out of however many games they've played. Once the two are finished Baste Prison is leveled and we finally leave.

We get back to the tavern and apparently the girl that was with the other's was the doctor's daughter. Apparently Weird Fang blackmailed him to kill Meliodas so he did just that to save his daughter. The doctor and his family thank us by treating us to dinner. Meliodas introduces Ban to Elizabeth. Ban, Meliodas, Diane, and I drink to celebrate.

Ban and I have a drinking contest to see who can hold their liquor the best and I win. After I win I go over and kiss Ban. I know I'll remember everything in the morning because in still pretty much sober but I dont care.

He kisses back but I'm pretty sure he's drunk as hell. I pull away realizing he most likely doesnt feel the same because of Elaine. Elaine is a girl he almost never stops telling me about. It hurts and I sigh and head up to my room without a word.

I'm stopped by Diane, Hawk and Elizabeth but I dont face them. They ask me what's wrong but I dont say anything my body shaking. Tears form as I stare angrily at the floor. After a while we're in my room as they try to find whats wrong. I start growling in anger and they finally get me to look up at them.

My eyes have changed to a dark purple almost black and a black mark has formed on the right side of my neck

They all stare at me in shock and I growl more

"Get. Out." I say still in control.

"I SAID GET OUT!!!" I yell.

They all leave in a rush. I fear they might tell Meliodas so I jump out of the window and go to sit on the roof. Unknown to me the area where I yelled at the others theres a large crack in the floor. I sit there on the roof staring at the moon.

I've calmed down and go back in through the window and go downstairs and see everyone staring at me. Diane, Elizabeth, and Hawk stare at me in fear and I just ignore them. Meliodas asked me what happened but all I say is slurs pretending I'm still drunk. I purposely bump into walls and say nonsense and eventually make it out of sight from everyone. I fall asleep and dream of nothing as I normally do.

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this slightly larger chapter. Just a reminder if you have any requests just tell me. If you do have requests then it might take a while to write because I'm writing this story, thinking of ways to continue my stories on hiatus but also being busy with school.

Until next time

"Please! Guide me to walk
in the right direction!" - Gowther

Published: 3/10/21