Chapter 2: The Sword at Bernia Village

Mazoku Hitoshiro
When I wake up I see that we have stopped. I make some edible food because Melodias can't cook and neither can Elizabeth. They thank me and suddenly Melodias speaks up.

"Hey Mazuko this tastes just like Ban's cooking! If not better!" He says.

I sigh

"Who do you think taught him how to cook?" I say.

"You taught Ban how to cook?" Melodias asks.

"Yes... for many years... I've known everyone in the Seven deadly sins the longest than any other member... Melodias you know this." I say.

"Wow! This tastes just like my sister's cooking!" Elizabeth says.

"You have a sister?" Melodias asks.

"3 actually. I'm the 4th princess of Liones after all. Theres my eldest sister. C??e???. Then theres Margret and Veronica. Then me as the youngest." Elizabeth says.

When she said her eldest sisters name it came out inaudible for a regular human. Melodias and I got confused.

"What was the name of your eldest sister?" I ask.

"Oh! I forgot. She put a spell of some sort where no one can say her name but if someone does no one will understand what it is. The only people who remember her name is my father, Veronica, and Margret. She went missing when I was 8. She would've been 12 at the time. It's been years.... I still hope to see her again..." Elizabeth says with a few tears in her eyes.

"..."

I dont day a word as Melodias says that he'll help find her.

I go outside and my body starts to shake.

I feel my eyes shift and I rub my forehead starting to get a headache.

My eyes have changed to this:

I take a few deep breathes and my eyes change back to electric blue

Suddenly someone comes outside and I start to leave.

I go out to the entrance and I see we've stopped again

"Where are we Melodias?" I ask.

"We're at Bernia. Its famous for its Bernia Ale." He says.

"Hold on I hear yelling what's going on?" I ask.

We head outside and see a lot of adults yelling at a kid trying to pull out a sword. Suddenly two guards appear. The citizens calm down and a guard speaks.

"If none of you can pull out this holy sword by sunset you have to make twice the production of Bernia Ale."

A person stays yelling saying it's impossible since their water supply has been stopped. An old guy explains things to us. Both Melodias and I sigh as the men of the village try pulling the sword out as the two guards laugh at them. I notice the guards drinking Bernia Ale and I clench my fists in anger.

I snatch the mugs filled with Bernia Ale from the guards and they yell at me but I chug them down and speak.

"Anyone who doesn't appreciate a good quality booze, doesn't deserve to drink it."

I set the mugs down and walk up to the sword.

"Psh. No one except a holy knight can remove that sword! Go ahead and try little girl!" The guards yell at me.

I smirk and giggle a little and everyone's eyes are on me. I easily pull out the sword and spin it a little pointing it at the guards.

Everyone is surprised but Meliodas and I give them the sword as the two guards stare at me in shock.

"Still think im a little girl?" I ask.

They shake their heads and I giggle a little as the people cheer for their returned water. I look around for Melodias ad Elizabeth but I don't see them anywhere so I head back into the Boar Hat.

I find Melodias and Elizabeth with the child that was getting beat up earlier. Suddenly they stand up

"What's going on?" I ask.

"This is Mead. He claims to know the Seven Deadly Sins Personally. He didn't so I talked to him about lying and stuff like that." Elizabeth says.

"Mead you should go back to your village." Melodias says.

Mead goes back with Melodias and Elizabeth. I stay at the tavern and sigh.

They come back and the village is there and everyone celebrates on some Bernia Ale.

Melodias offers me some but I decline.

"I'm going outside on the balcony for some fresh air." I say.

I set out onto the 2nd floor balcony and sigh. My right eye changes and I know a mark of mine appears.

I shake my head a little and take some deep breaths and my eye changes to electric blue but the symbol remains in my eye

I shake my head a little and take some deep breaths and my eye changes to electric blue but the symbol remains in my eye. After a while Melodias checks on me and I look up at the sky.

"Come join us." He says.

"Nah.... I'm gonna head to bed. It's been a long day." I say.

"Alright then." He says.

He walks back inside amd I can feel my heartbeat quicken.

Calm down... everything will be fine.

I sigh again and head to sleep.

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm almost finished with season 4 for the series. I watch it on Netflix so once I finish I'll be waiting for season 5. Please dont spoil anything!

Until next time

"Even though my life hasnt been all that great, I figure that if I live long enough something good might happen." - Ban

Published: 3/7/21