Chapter 10 - Doubt

(Boyfriend's POV)

Boyfriend stirred in his sleep as he quietly woke up. He expected to hear voices from the TV since Miku was over but the house was filled with silence. The blue haired male noticed he was covered by one of his blankets and had his head rested on a pillow which would normally be found in his bedroom. A yawn escaped his lips as his jet black eyes wandered around the living room.

The house was dark with a faint light from a lamp in the corner of the room being the only source. He sighed a bit and theorized that Miku already left. It wasn't really a surprise. Boyfriend shuffled around on the couch, letting his legs hang off the edge. He was thinking about someone. It's been on his mind since the talk with Miku.

The blue haired male sighed and stood up from the couch, stretching his arms out in the air. Boyfriend sighed and decided to grab himself a snack before doing anything.

Walking back to the couch with a capri sun pouch in his hands, Boyfriend sat down on the upholstered seat with another sigh.

"Do I want to do this..?"
"Of course you want to do this!"
"But what if he hates me.."
"Don't beat yourself up about it."
"But.."
"No buts!"

Boyfriend put down the juice pouch on the coffee table near the couch and brought his hands up to his face. He groaned in annoyance, "I'm just talking to myself at this point.." He said, his voice slightly muffled from covering his face with his hands. "I can.. do this."

He moved his hands off his face and grabbed his phone from his pocket. Boyfriend fumbled around with the phone for a couple seconds with his hand trembling but finally managed to hold it controllably. Pressing the button on the right side of the phone, his phone screen lit up immediately seconds afterwards. He unlocked his phone and went over to his contacts. Scrolling through them again, Boyfriend looked for a specific name to show up.

🧡 Pico 🧡

He bit the inside of his bottom lip as nervousness washed over him. "Can I actually do this?.." He questioned himself, his eyes filling with faint tears. Before he could even click on the contact his phone rang, his ringtone loudly playing and echoing through the living room. Boyfriend looked at the caller ID with a sigh.

❤️ GF ❤️

Boyfriend's cheeks warmed up a bit as he quickly answered the call, bringing the phone up to his ear. "Hello?.." He hummed out, his voice quivering a tad. "BF! You finally answer me, I was so worried!" Girlfriend's voice shouted through the phone with her soft but mature voice. The blue haired male flinched, seconds after opening his mouth to respond but being cut off by the auburn. "W-Wait was that a bit too loud?.. I'm sorry!" She said with a small awkward giggle towards the end. "It's.. It's okay, don't worry. S-Sorry I didn't answer before, I was.. out like a light." He said nervously, rubbing the back on his neck.

"Oh! I'm glad you got some rest!" Girlfriend chimed. Her voice made Boyfriend relax and feel safe. "Thanks!" He said with a smile. There was a brief silence between the two of them before Girlfriend spoke up. "Hey.. I wanted to ask if you wanted to hang out with me today! Like going to the local park, maybe?" Boyfriend was slightly caught off guard by the sudden question but hummed in agreement. "S-Sure!" He chuckled a bit.

He could sense Girlfriend smile from the phone, "Great! Are you free around 4 pm?" She asked. Boyfriend looked over at the time and noticed it was 3:04 pm. Oh.. He was out for a while. "Uh.. yep!" He sounded a bit unsure but decided not to pay attention to it. A small hum came from the other line making Boyfriend's smile crack a little wider. "Well, I have to go get ready! I'll see you there, BF!" Girlfriend said with a giggle before hanging up.

Boyfriend's face continued to warm up as he slowly forgot about even talking to Pico. He put down his phone and got up from the couch again. "Well.. I should get ready pf." He told himself, walking over to his bedroom.

"BF!" A voice yelled making Boyfriend perk up a bit. He turned his head to look over where the voice came from as saw a familiar auburn speed walking over to him. A smile appeared on his face as he looked at Girlfriend, "Hey!" He called out and raised his hand in the air. Girlfriend giggled and stood right in front of him, she looked pretty nice. Her outfit was sort of fancy which kinda looked strange compared to Boyfriend's comfy and lazy attire.

"You look.. amazing." He fumbled out with a nervous chuckle, rubbing the back of his neck. Noticing a faint tint of scarlet appearing on Girlfriend cheek, Boyfriend bit the inside of his lip as nervousness crept up on him. "T-Thank you! You look great too." She said with a small hum.

Boyfriend nodded a bit, his face warming up in embarrassment. "T..Thanks!" He muttered out. Girlfriend smiled at him, making his flush even more at the sight of her. "Okay.. wanna just walk around and talk?" She asked, clasping her hands together quietly. Boyfriend hummed in response, "Yeah! It sounds fun, we could go get ice cream too!" He said, his voice filling with excitement just thinking about ice cream.

Girlfriend nodded and giggled, using one of her hands to cover her mouth. Boyfriend smiled and signaled to Girlfriend to lead the way.

"My dad always enjoyed music! When we were little he always sang to me and my mom, so we would just dance around the kitchen enjoying the music. My mom would even sing along sometimes!" Girlfriend explained, her cheery tone made Boyfriend's heart just flutter. "Woah.. that's amazing! It was the same with my sister and I. We would sing to each other and even have these battles over who can sing the fastest." He exclaimed with a smile.

The two were having a blast talking about their pasts relating to music and just a bunch of other stuff that made them crack into laughter. It was like nothing could go wrong at all

(1069 words)

:)
ALSO- THANK YOU FOR 2K READS ON THIS WH-  YALL PLS 🥺 <33
IM REALLY SORRY FOR THR DELAY ON THIS CHAPTER- IVE BEEN PROCRASTINATING ON THIS A LOT </3
BUT HERE :>