Chapter 3: Camp Spirit

This chapter is dedicated to my dear friend CoolIssue❤️ Thank you so much for letting me borrow your little one for this chapter too! I'm ultra excited for the day I'll get to meet your 奶哥 hehe!

☼ ☼ ☼

Camp ICBM, Day 2

"Let's go Ninjas, let's go! (Clap, clap)"

"Fighting Spartans, fighting! (thump, thump)"

"Pirates, pirates, let's go! (Clap, clap)"

"Go go Vikings, go go! (Stomp, stomp)"

The hall was filled with thunderous screaming and cheering coming from the children as their teammates competed in the morning games.

Thumps and claps echoed across the hall as the cheers mingled in the air, becoming an incoherent mess of shouts. That only drove the children to cheer even louder in an attempt to drown out the other team's cheers. The facilitators were jumping enthusiastically in front of their teams, eager to bring their kids to victory.

Laughter could be heard amidst the cheers as the children took part in the morning's activities. There was nothing more heart-warming than watching the pure joy light upon the children's faces as they played. Everyone was all smiles despite the competitive spirit singing in the air.

"YES! Milky!" Ye Jin pumped her fist in the air when Milky won one of the games.

The two of them high-fived before Milky joined the Pirates again. Ye Jin smiled, relieved that her Pirates were having fun once again. After what happened to them during the station games yesterday, Ye Jin and Hyun Bin finally spoke to So Sook about the situation over breakfast. It would seem Suk Chin has stopped scolding the Pirates which was a good sign to Ye Jin.

Thinking about Hyun Bin, Ye Jin blushed. There was something else that happened that morning...

At that moment, Ye Jin and Hyun Bin's eyes met and the two averted their eyes immediately. They have been oddly shy around each other the whole morning and their sudden shyness could be attributed to their wake-up call that morning.

☼ ☼ ☼

That morning

Daylight streamed into Camp ICBM, washing it with a warm golden glow as the campers slowly stirred in their sleep. In the facilitator's lounge, two friends were entangled limb for a limb on one of the mismatched couches.

In the lazy morning, Ye Jin's eyelids flickered open before she closed her eyes again, letting the last remnants of dreams leave her.

Gradually, she became more attuned to the sounds and smells around her. The smell of coffee accompanied the gentle humming of the coffee machine and Ye Jin smiled. Peeling her eyes open once again, Ye Jin froze when she heard someone snoring above her head.

It was none other than Hyun Bin.

With his arms wrapped tightly around her waist and their legs entwined together, the boy was holding her flush against his chest even in sleep. Both of them were still in their clothes from the previous day and Ye Jin wondered how they ended up sleeping on the couch.

Although Ye Jin was trying to reason it out, she couldn't stop the redness from forming on her cheeks. Sure it wasn't the first time they have slept together. As children, they often slept side by side when their parents had them over for sleepovers.

Yet, somehow, this morning felt different. There was a weird fluttering in her stomach and Ye Jin didn't know why she was feeling like that.

Minutes later, Hyun Bin woke with a wide yawn before he paused mid-yawn when he realised Ye Jin was on top of him. In shock, both of them jumped apart from each other, except...Ye Jin ended up landing on her bum.