Chapter 2: Rise and Shine

Special Guest: Milky from the Rhythm of Love universe by serineblack! Thank you for letting me borrow Milky for camp!

☼ ☼ ☼

The next day – Day One

In the early morning, the air sung with light chirping as the birds called out to one another in greeting. Songs of different tunes drifted into the ears of the camp facilitators as they stirred from their sleep. The earth was slowly awakening as the sun crept up the skies before a strong beam of sunlight shone across the wide expanse of camp ICBM.

One by one, the facilitators dragged themselves off the beds, ready to start day one of camp. As facilitators, it was their job to create a lighthearted and fun environment for the campers and they surely couldn't do that lazing around.

"Rise and shine, everyone!" So Sook greeted her fellow co-workers enthusiastically.

It was exciting that another season of summer camp was starting. So Sook couldn't wait to meet the new batch of campers and her enthusiasm was contagious.

Ye Jin came out of her room, already dressed in the facilitator shirt; a simple pink polo with the camp's logo printed on it. Still slightly drowsy from her night of rest, Ye Jin yawned softly as she rubbed her eyes.

Just then, the door across hers opened and out came Hyun Bin in all his unassuming handsomeness. With his hair slightly tousled from sleep, Ye Jin found herself sighing softly in pure fondness for her friend before she smiled in greeting.

Neither of them broke the silence as they entered the common room together, choosing to simply bask in the peacefulness of the morning together.

Their peace was quickly interrupted by the flourish of activities happening in the common room. Already, the Main I/Cs were counting the camp packages in the corner while some of the other facilitators were confirming the attendance of their teams with Raven.

Even Kian and Jae Rai, both trainee facilitators like them were occupied with the logistics for the station games this afternoon. Soon, Ye Jin and Hyun Bin found themselves helping out with the logistics of the game. It was truly a mad scramble before the children arrived.

It was during the packing process when the boy in Ye Jin's group, Ha Jun decided that he had enough of the camp. "I can't do this anymore."

The facilitators around him looked up in shock at his sudden breakdown as he started pacing in the common room. That was until Jasmine decided to take him aside and So Sook joined her as they spoke to him. In the end, Ye Jin's team was unfortunately down to the three of them. But it would be alright, right?

Precisely at 9 am, the children started streaming into Camp ICBM in their little friend groups. Some came alone, while others came together. Some old friends rejoiced at the sight of one another while the new campers kept to their corner, slightly shy to make new friends.

Children of different personalities filled Camp ICBM with renewed energy, one that was unique to each batch of campers.

Ye Jin and Hyun Bin were waiting for the campers to assemble in the main hall while some of the facilitators were guiding the new arrivals to the right group at the bulletin board outside. Both their eyes were light with excitement as they waited for the campers to settle down.

After a few minutes of waiting, Ye Jin finally got her first camper. Jumping off where she was sitting on the stage, Ye Jin skipped over to the little one and plonked herself down next to her. The girl was reading when Ye Jin sat down next to her and the high schooler was quick to note down the book she was reading.