D-Day

*********************************

Hey everyone thanks for voting.

I am again sorry for the late update.

Hope you enjoy this chapter...

*********************************

MAYRA' (CRYSTAL) POV.

Finally, the D-day has arrived. The nervousness was never leaving me alone. We have prepared everything according to our plan, I just hope Asher's parents believe the act we prepared.

I felt guilty for doing this to them. After all these days, they had shown nothing but only pure love for me. Mom, Dad, Daniel, Sebastian, everyone had made me feel at home with them.

I felt I was being unfair to them. Mom has so many expectations from me.

"You are thinking about it all, again? Relax Criss. You are not doing anything wrong, you are just saving yourself. You don't have to feel guilty about anything." Rose said, sitting beside me.

"I know Rose, but I can't help but feel guilty." I replied.

"Just relax. Party is going to start in a few minutes, so you should get ready for the act." She reminds me.

We have planned that Asher is going to show up alone at the party and notify his family about my sickness. According to the plan, I'm so sick that I can't even attend the party. And to make it more realistic, I'm going to call them, actually, video call them so I can show how sick I am.

Later he's going to convince his parents not to cancel the party at the last moment. So that's how the media is only going to show names and nothing else.

I prepared myself to look sick. Rose did a little makeup to make me look ill. I set myself on my bed.

"Rose, do I look sick and tired?" I asked for confirmation.

"Definitely. Anyone can tell by looking at you in this condition." She said, I smiled at her reply.

"Asher might have reached the party hall by now. Should I give him a call or maybe a message?" I confirm.

"Just relax, Criss. He will call when he feels like it." I just nodded.

I still feel wrong about all this. I should not be doing this to the people, who had only given me love.

'Just remember Crystal whenever you feel down, when you miss your family, when you wish your mother would be here to talk, just give me a call. I had always wished for a daughter from God, and now he has given me one by sending you. I would never imagine that Asher will find you as his love and I'm glad he did. I'm so happy for both of you and now I can also show off my daughter. I can't wait for the day when I'm going to introduce you as my daughter and Asher's wife to all..'

What Mom said to me, was all running in my mind. Her words were ringing in my ears continuously and this all is making me more regretful.

I can't do this, no. I can't see her hurt because of me. I remember when I was small Dad used to say that

'Never hurt people who only intended to love you or see you happy. It only takes a few seconds to hurt but years to heal.'

"Rose, there is a change in plan..." I said and marched toward the closet.

"What are you doing? Criss, where are you going now?" Rose's voice came from behind. I ignored her and dragged my engagement gown out.

"What are you doing Criss, Asher is going to call you, any moment."