Assistant Hunt

HAPPY READING... 

********************************

ASHER KING POV.

It's 6am, when I woke up from the sound of my alarm. My usual time for a morning walk. Getting out of my really comfy King-sized bed, I headed towards the bathroom.
I live alone in Tribeca, a trendy neighborhood in downtown Manhattan, and the wealthiest location in New York City.

Meanwhile, my parents live in our family mansion with my brothers Daniel and Sebastian. Danny and Seb are twins, recently graduated from high school and entering University this year.

As for me, my name is Asher King, the oldest son of Sarah and Joseph King and the CEO of the King Empire.

My grandfather founded King Empire when he was young, and then it goes down to my father, Joseph King, who passed it to me when I was 22. Even though I was young and inexperienced, I still managed to take it to the height of success and proved everyone of what I am capable of.

My parents never imposed anything on me, it was me who wanted to go into the business field and my dad always supported me in every decision.

I had worked hard for this company. I've received several honors, including Businessman of the Year and New York's Youngest Businessman.

My parents are the coolest couple I have ever seen, and I aspire to be like them when I'm their age. The love between them is something that made my heart swell from happiness. But I don't think that is going to happen to me anytime soon or maybe never.

At the time I reached home it was 7:30 am. I got ready for the office, office hours begin at 9:00am precisely and I despise being late. Taking a short shower I got ready for work. Arriving at my office building I marched directly to my personal left area, dismissing all greetings and good mornings.

When I arrived at my office, I opened the door and was greeted by my COO, or my best friend Mr Kyle Woods.

We've been best friends since we were kids. He is the only person I trust completely after my family.

"Hey, man you're late," he pointed out.

"I'm not late, you are early, Mr Woods, what's the occasion?" I asked as I removed my blazer and placed it on the back of my chair.

"Man, I have a very tight schedule, I have to take the interview for the marketing department and have to deal with some random chicks who would try to get into my pants to get selected"

I can relate to that because that's exactly what happens whenever we take interviews... in the name of an interview...

"Kyle, did you get me a new assistant? You know how much I need one right now."

"Dude don't dump this on me; you are the person who switches assistants every two weeks. Like come on man, have some mercy on yourself."

True, but what can I do when those girls are useless and more interested in getting into my pants rather than doing their job.

I know, I'm handsome and attractive, but I also have some rules, one of them is no office affairs.

"Dude, you're lost," Kyle called, waving his hand on my face.

"Just find me an assistant Kyle, who can do some actual work." He shook his head and said.

"Fine, I'll try." He leaves my office after saying goodbye.

I was reviewing my emails when my phone suddenly began to ring. I checked the caller's id and it was none-other than Alison, my clingy ex.

"Hello," I said as I answered the phone uninterested.

"Hey, babe" she remarked, and I just hate this clingy voice of hers.

"What do you want this time, Alison?" I'm not going to waste my time on her.

"Babe, don't be rude; can't I call you? I miss a lot." Miss, my foot.

"Listen carefully because I am going to say this only once: you are nothing but just a mistake that I made in past and you should be grateful that I didn't send you to jail for doing what you did, so don't call me again if you don't want to spend the rest of your life behind the bars." After saying this, I hung up the phone without hearing anything further.

Alison was the worst mistake of my life and now I wonder, how can I be attracted to a cheater? She is the reason that I conclude trusting people. Kyle and my family never liked her, they even warned me about her, but I was so stupid at that time, I never listened to anyone, until the day I caught her cheating on me with my rival.

She even sold company secrets to them, resulting in massive loss and it's all just for money. That was the first time when I saw the disappointment in my father's eyes when he looked at me.

Alison was the first and the last mistake I have ever made and I vow to never repeat it. After Alison, I was afraid of being in a relationship. After that I resented the name of the relationship.

After attending back to back meetings, I finally came back to my office. I still have two video conferences to attend. Hell, I need an assistant as soon as possible.

I walked into my office and here we are, meeting Kyle Woods again.

"Don't you have work to do, Kyle?" I said as I made myself comfortable.

"Ouch, that hurts." he said, holding his chest.

"Drama Queen" I murmured.

"Well, I am going to ignore that and by the way, I came here to talk about your assistant," he said and all of my senses activated.

"Go on."

"So, I met this girl today and she is quite intelligent and hard working. She also got good grades and I'm confident she can handle you for sure." He said with a smirk on his face.

"Kyle, I don't care if she can handle me or not, just make sure that she can handle the work properly"

"Don't worry, I tell you she can handle any scenario, and I am damn sure she's going to stay for long" I roll my eyes "Whatever, tell her to start from tomorrow".

He leaves my office with a mischievous grin on his face and I can tell that something is going on in his head.

Why am I getting the sensation that something huge is on the way?

I disregarded it and went back to continue my work.

************************************
Thank you for reading...