The Ball!

Hey, everyone. Welcome again.

Hope you're having a great time reading my story...

Enjoy reading.

*********************************

Mayra' (Crystal) pov.

I still can't believe that I'm in Paris that too with Mr King.

Asher had changed a lot and it scared me more. He was becoming something that I never expected from him. He does everything I call for. Just like now I asked him to get a tour of the local market of Paris which he should have disagreed with but he didn't. In result we are ready for our local trip on Paris streets.

First, we decided to visit Les Puces de Saint-Ouen. This market is one of the oldest flea markets in the world.

The marketplace itself is actually a group of many smaller markets, roughly categorised into three themes: vintage and antiques, clothing, and professional markets.

Asher was not happy when I suggested not to take any bodyguard with us as it would be embarrassing. But I told him, they can watch us from a distance. After what like 20 minutes of my supplication and pouting face, he finally agreed.

We entered the market and IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL, I have never seen anything like this before. It was not my first time here but this place has changed a lot, from the last time I visited.

I turned to Asher and his reaction was mirroring mine. He looked impressed.

We proceeded and began to watch everything closely. Asher was right behind me, following my lead.

"It's beautiful right?" I asked him. He looked at me and whispered. "Indeed," I frown. "I'm talking about the market."

I saw a jewellery shop. I love jewellery but only to collect. Pulling Asher with me, we headed inside, everything was so elegant, I wanted to buy everything.

"It's all hand-crafted," The owner said. He looks in his 60s.

"Really!" I exclaimed. Every single piece was so beautiful and perfect, with smooth finishing, it looks almost impossible to have this finish with hands.

"Come I'll show you some beautiful couple sets," he said 'couple', I looked at Asher, he was smirking. Like seriously?

"No, actually..." Asher cut me off.

"Yes, of course. Lead the way." I give him an are-you-serious look.

He ignored me and followed the man.

"Here see, this" he showed us a beautiful pair of bracelets with hearts on both.

"It's beautiful, but actually we are not a couple. Can you show me something else?" I said politely.

"Ohh, I'm sorry, you both look good together, I thought you're a couple. I deeply apologize. I'll get you something else." I'm sure, my face was looking like a tomato.

He comes back with some other piece of jewellery.

"Here, take a look at them."

All the pieces look beautiful but one caught my eye. That was a really beautiful neckpiece. I looked at the price tag and hell it was damn expensive. I couldn't afford it so I placed it back.

"Why? Don't you like it?" Asher asked.

"No, it's not that good." I lied. I want to buy it but if I do, my bank account will go into the dent.