28

Sweet surrender Season five, episode twenty

Sweet surrender
Season five, episode twenty

ESME leaned over the counter on the surgical floor while making calls for Derek and Meredith's wedding while eating a load of Hershey's kisses.

Derek had recovered from his depressive episode, went back to work, operated on Izzie's brain and had proposed to Meredith.

However, him, Jack and Mark still weren't talking to each other. Which only made Esme eat a lot when she's stressed.

"No! It's perennial purple flowers along with pink roses placed along the altar," Esme reminded the person through the phone as she didn't feel someone come next to her, "You don't know what those perennial's are? Your kidding right—"

Esme soon heard someone clear their throat and saw Bailey have that look on her face.

"I'm kinda in the middle of something right now," Esme told her with a awkward laugh and once she turned her head, Bailey snatched the phone from her hand.

"You have a job here and you have patients to take care of. Your job is to not make phone calls for a wedding," Bailey snapped at her and Esme soon grew quiet causing Bailey to hand Esme back her phone and walk away.

"One has cancer. One is getting married. One is trying to plan a wedding. The other three are as annoying as they were as interns. Time flies," Bailey commented under her breath.

•••

Once Esme was done looking over some of Derek's patients, she had been walking down the hall just before she felt someone run into her.

"Um, are you alright—George?" Esme called out as she saw a red faced George gasping for air, "Oh, my god what happened to you?"

"Callie's—dad—just— choked me!" George told her with a scared look on his face as he tried taking deep breaths.

"Seriously?" Esme asked him, her eyes wide before a normal look was placed on her face, "I, mean you did cheat on his daughter."

George scoffed just before quickly walking away making Esme chuckle under her breath.

Esme was about to walk in another direction just before her attention was placed on a blonde woman who looked really familiar.

The woman seemed to be a little lost and Esme decided to walk up to her.

"Um, ma'am...are you lost?" Esme asked the unknown woman and the woman chuckled.