11

The Becoming Season four, Episode fourteen

The Becoming
Season four, Episode fourteen

IT HAD BEEN WEEKS SINCE ESME'S surgery and she had been back on her feet and off to work in just a couple of days.

She had been thinking of Jack. A lot. It's like every second she had been thinking about Jack.  It became a problem to the point where she talked to Dr. Wyatt about it.

"I've been thinking about Jack," Esme confessed before talking more, "and his hands. I keep thinking about his hands holding mine. Or around my waist...and in other places."

"So you think about having sex with Jack?" Dr. Wyatt asked her and Esme sighed.

"It's making surgery so difficult. Whenever I'm on his service and he performs surgery, I keep looking at his hands and I have dirty thoughts. So I need some therapy tools so that I can move on from this," Esme explained to her.

"You really want to move on from this?"

"Yes. I, um, I'm in a clinical trial with the other Dr. Shepherd—so I cannot to be distracted. And I've already missed the first two patients. I can't miss this one or Meredith is gonna be his new little sidekick. If I want to be a badass neurosurgeon, I can't have men distracting me all the time," Esme explained to her in a frustrated tone and Dr. Wyatt nodded in understanding.

•••

Esme walked down the hallway and was about to walk into the patient's room until she was met with Meredith muttering under her breath.

"He's with Rose. He's with Rose," Meredith kept telling herself and Esme furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"What are you doing?" Esme asked her and Meredith gave her a look.

"Dr. Wyatt said I have to remind myself if this reality. So I'm reminding myself constantly that he's with Rose," Meredith explained to her and Esme hummed.

Soon enough, both Esme and Meredith came rushing into the room, "Sorry we're late."

"Just getting started," Derek replied in a calm tone.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Grey," Meredith introduced herself to the man.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Dubois-Sloan," Esme greeted him with a smile.

"Jonathan Evett. I've been treating Darren over at the V.A. I'm so glad you were able to get him into the clinical trial," He introduced himself and Esme smiled.

"So you're gonna inject a virus into my sons brain," Darren's father spoke up and Darren chuckled.

"Not in the brain, dad. In the tumor," Darren reminded him.

"The theory is that the virus will attack the tumor and shrink it," Meredith spoke up.

"Still there's an enormous amount of risk involved," Derek began to explain only for someone to speak up from behind them.