27

I will follow you into the dark Season five, episode eighteen

Season five, episode eighteen

OVER A WEEK PASSED and Derek had been living at the trailer and had quit from his job. Esme wasn't expecting it too hit him too hard, but it seemed it did.

Her and Jack's relationship had became better, but George had been ignoring her every chance he got.

Whenever they saw each other in the hall, George would turn away the second he saw her and it only made Esme even more upset.

As if her week couldn't get any worse, she had found out from Cristina that Izzie had cancer.

Izzie had been trying to refuse the help but both Esme and Cristina keep pushing to find ways to help her.

Esme clearly didn't want to lose another close to her and she definitely didn't want it to happen anytime soon or ever.

That morning, Esme had been standing in front of George's locker waiting for him to arrive.

She was planning to talk to him and to try and make things go back to the way it was. She hates seeing her best friend not talk to her.

George had walked into the residents lounge looking down and he was about to walk towards his locker, just before he looked up and saw Esme which caused him to sigh.

He still decided to walk over to his locker and tried to shove Esme out of the way, but she kept trying to stand in front of his locker.

"Esme—move," George tried telling her as the two kept moving around, "C'mon I have things to do. Let me go!"

"No! No. I won't let you go," Esme shouted at him as the two stopped moving, "I'm not gonna let you go because your in love with me."

"Esme. You don't understand—" George began to say but Esme cut him off.

"You don't get to say that. I completely understand what you mean," Esme admitted and George scrunched his eyebrows in confusion, "I was in love with Jackson for like ever. Ever since we were kids I was in love with him. I had to watch him go from girl to girl and it killed me inside because I wanted him. But you know what I did? I put my feelings aside and still was friends with him."

"Oh, uh, I—" George had stuttered through his words and Esme sighed before hugging him.

"I'm sorry. For not falling in love with you. You're my best friend. My person. And my family," Esme told him as she tried accepting the fact that he might not forgive her, "So please forgive me. I can't stand another second of you hating me."