08

Crash into me: Part one Season four, Episode nine

Season four, Episode nine

A FEW HOURS AFTER BEING ON THE BEACH, Esme danced around with Cristina in Meredith's room. Meredith had watched the two from the doorway in her bathroom and both Cristina and Esme turned to her.

"You're not dancing."

Meredith looked at them in disbelief. "I'm too tense to dance."

"Which is why we're dancing!" Cristina shouted as her and Esme danced around waiting for Meredith to dance.

"My problem was is, I'm sleeping with a man who's dating. And I don't care if he dates Sydney. It's the women he dates after Sydney, that's my problem," Meredith told them and Cristina groaned, "And if I had any sense at all, I would break up with the break up sex. There would be no more breakup sexing. If I had any sense—"

"Shut up!" Esme shouted at her before dancing a little, "Dance it out. It's what me and Cristina do."

Meredith sighed just before dancing along with them making Esme laugh in triumph.

"You know, I'm gonna tell him. I don't want him seeing other people," Meredith spoke up and Esme sighed in relief.

"Good. Fine. Whatever."

"I'm gonna tell him, and I feel good about it."

"Dancing makes you brave!"

Izzie had opened the door to Meredith's room and was met with the sight of Cristina, Esme and Meredith dancing together.

She had rather sad and jealous look on her face watching the three women just before walking out of the room.

•••

AFTER Mark's meeting, Esme stood outside the pit as she and the others rushed outside for the incoming trauma, "What do we got?"

"Jacob Nolston, 47, status post a double bypass surgery two weeks ago, now presents febrile with pain and tenderness in his surgical incisions," One of the paramedics told them before another spoke up, "We got a ten car pileup on the freeway. You mind taking up from here?"

"Oh, you got it."

"Okay, I need a gurney for the transfer!"

"I'll page Hahn," Both Cristina and Izzie spoke up at the same time.

"Sounds like we all agree. Get him inside and flip for it."

"You're in good hands, Mr. Nolston."

Soon enough, they all transferred him to the gurney but something had caught her attention.

She moved away from the group and noticed an ambulance moving in a weird direction.

The ambulance had been driving in the same direction that Esme was and Esme's eyes widened as she froze.