Wash Day

What you wore⬆️

What you wore⬆️

Your phone dinged.
1 new notification
|Joon|
-Hey are you free today?

You sat on the back of your couch. Your stomach was full from brunch earlier and your hair was dirty. Very dirty. It was wash day, so naturally, you cleared your plans for 5 hours and planned to nourish your hair until you couldn't nourish it anymore.

You replied.

-No sry. Wash day😕

You felt bad. Even though your date was yesterday you still missed him. Though you wouldn't admit that to him. Your phone dinged again.

-Can I still come? I can help

He wanted to help you wash your hair. Although that was cute you didn't really know how he could help. Still, you wanted his company.

-Ok. But don't be mad when you get bored

-I don't think I could get bored if I'm with you

You rolled your eyes at his flirting. You decided to get onto your routine instead of waiting. You would much rather have time to hang out with him without hair products getting in your mouth or eyes.

You grabbed your hair bucket from the closet in the hallway and got to work. You sat in front of your mirror beginning to detangle your hair.

Your phone rang.

"Hello?" You answered putting on speaker.

"I texted him!" Laila giggled on the other line.

"And?"

"Girl when I tell you this man is so fine." She stretched the words so and fine to prove her point.

"Purrr."

"We're going out tonight. He's taking me to some fancy-ass club. I think the one where you met Joon."

"Oh Carter's?"

"Yea that's it. I need to start getting ready."

"Girl it's 1:00 pm Carter's isn't even open."

"Yeah, but I was planning on doing work later so I have to do that and I have a hair appointment."

"Oh ok."

"Anyway what are you doing?" You could hear her eating something.

"Washing my hair."

"Ooh, good luck."

"What's that supposed to mean." You laughed

"Nothing you seemed a bit musty at brunch."

"Girl if you don't shut the hell up." You both laughed. You continued to talk about her date when you heard the door to your apartment open. "Amina?" You yelled.