Then what?

What you wore⬆️

What you wore⬆️

"And waffles for all of us. Thank you!" Amina ordered for the group.

It was your weekly brunch with the girls and there was much to talk about. Obviously, the most interesting thing that waited to be discussed was your and Namjoons pending relationship. Still, you were glad you had friends you could trust to talk to about this kind of stuff.

You, Laila, Coretta, and Amina sat outside a small cafe in a secluded part of the city. You met Laila at the label you were currently signed to. She was a producer and you were an artist. Ever since then you clicked and worked together on almost all of your projects.

You met Coretta in college. She was in your French class, which obviously confused you, seeing that she spoke with a thick French accent. She explained that she needed the extra credit to graduate and the teacher didn't know where she was from, so she faked a southern American accent.

You and Amina grew up together. You shared so much of your life with that girl it was like she was your sister. She helped you through your terrible relationship with your family and your career and you couldn't thank her enough.

"So tell us about the date!" Laila grabbed your hands, her bright blue nails clicking against yours.

"Yeah! Did you kiss?" Coretta sipped her mimosa.

"Yes, we did." You couldn't help but smile as you thought about the way he held your lower back, pressing your body to his. It felt so intimate.

The girls showed their excitement by squealing and clapping.

"Tell us about it in full detail." Amina requested.

"Okay. He brought me to his roof. He made me dinner. We went swimming. Then it started to rain so we hung out inside. Then he drove me home."

"Girl that was literally the opposite of full detail," Laila said.

"I just wanted to give y'all an overview of how it went down." You rolled your eyes at her. "Anyway, he kept calling me beautiful and staring at me. He said that the pasta he made was a recipe that his friend taught him. He explained how it was 'guaranteed to get any girl.'"

"He's got fair game, but your not any girl. Know you worth." Coretta pointed out.

"I know. It was cute at the moment. Um, before we went swimming we sat on the edge of the pool and he got in and was running his hands on my thighs and-"

"Oooohhh!" Amina perked up. "Did y'all fuck in the pool?"

"No."

"Not yet." Laila butted in.

"Not yet." You repeated, trying not to think about the way he looked in the pool with no shirt on. "Anyway, he said some shit about how he loved my cover-up but I need to be wearing less-"

"Hot," they said in unison.

"Um, we kissed in the pool. Twice. Which I don't know why I'm specifying that, but he seemed pretty desperate about getting that second kiss." The four of you giggled. 

The waiter came back with all of your waffles. He placed down each plate carefully. You noticed as his hand brushed over Lailas slowly. He set a small piece of paper under her mimosa glass. Laila was too busy staring at the waffles to notice.

"Then what?" Laila said already cutting up her waffles.

"Hold on." Amina grabbed your phone from the table and snapped a pic of you with your food.

"After the kiss, it started to rain so we went inside. I changed in his room. His penthouse is really nice. He gave me his sweats to wear and we kinda had matching outfits cuz he changed too."

"Oh, that's cute." Coretta finished off her mimosa.

"Ya, we were supposed to watch a movie but we realized how late it was and he drove me home." Your smile faded thinking about the hand-holding situation.

"What?" Amina said, "why that face."

"Well he was holding my hand the way down in the elevator and I told him that we shouldn't cuz the doors could open to untrustworthy people. I also may have said I'd rather have people see us as a meaningless hookup than in a real relationship."

The rest of the girls groaned, dropping their silverware onto the table dramatically.

"But! but he understood what I meant and how it just came out wrong." Your friends nodded. "Okay, any questions?"

"Did you kiss him goodnight?" Laila asked.

"Yes, in the car."

"How was his game really?" Amina questioned.

"Good. He said some vaguely sexual things but he apologized every time. It seemed like he wanted to let me know he thinks I'm fine but didn't want me to be uncomfortable."

"That's good."

You plucked the piece of paper from under Laila's glass and handed it to her.

"What's this?" She asked after swallowing her food.

"The waiter left it." You explained.

The note read:

I don't usually do this, but I think you're gorgeous.
Here's my number if you want it.
*** *** ****
-Isaiah

"Shit he left his number," Laila said.

"Period girl get your man." You pointed at her with your fork.

"Are you gonna text him?" Coretta asked.

"I mean, ya he is kinda fine so... I guess."

You and the others clapped, congratulating Laila on her potential man. The four of you continued to chat about work and the people in your life. Hearing the others talk about their families and early planning for holiday trips made you feel a bit down. See your had cut your parents the day you turned 17. They were terrible parents and didn't support your music career. You tried not to think about them and focus on your own life, but it was hard. All of your other friends got calls from their parents telling them how proud they were for doing so well in their careers. You made your own family though, with these girls and maybe Namjoon.

CAPTION: much to talk about💜____________________________________Hey, y'all! Thanks for reading this far

____________________________________
Hey, y'all! Thanks for reading this far. Please vote   👁👁 thank you goodbye.