Monogrammed towels

Your taxi had dropped you off ten minutes ago and you had never scrambled to your apartment faster. So many things rushed through your mind. You were going on a date with Kim Namjoon. Not only that, but he was being featured on your album too. So many thoughts pounded your head as you jammed your key into the door. You turned it in the lock and pushed it open.

"Jesus Christ I thought you were getting robbed!" Amina sat at your kitchen counter. She poured rosé into a glass just like hers.

"And you didn't do anything!" You laughed and threw your things down.

"Woah what's going on?" Amina followed you with two glasses of rosé into your bathroom.

"I have a date at 8:30." You proceeded to wash your face quickly.

"Girl you have time." She placed the glass beside you and sat on the counter. She rummaged through your hair bin. "Also who is the date with you've been working for like the last month."

"No, I went to that club." You dried off your face with a fluffy monogrammed towel.

"Technically that was work." She sipped and pulled a tangled extension from the bin. "And you didn't mingle."

You held the towel to your waist and looked at her. "Really?"

"What?" Amina brushed out the extension. "You didn't, you just disappeared with Nam-" her face lit up. "NO!"

"Yup" you nodded sipping your rosé.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THIS?!" She flung the extension around in confusion.

"He just asked today." You sprayed your hair with a product and water mixture to rejuvenate the texture.

"Ok, what are y'all gonna do, you can't go out after the photos."

"You know about that?"

"Yes, I'm your manager. Also, what does his house look like."

"How did you know I was in his house?"

"The Instagram live. Anyway, what are you going to do?" She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

"Amina it's the first date." You rolled your eyes at her behavior.

"Ya but that doesn't stop anything."

"Ya know what, no it doesn't. If we like each other that much and feel like we have to, then sure maybe that stuff will happen."

"Sex?"

"Yes. But I don't think it will because that's not really me. I want to get to know him."

"I mean there's no better way to get to know a man then-"

"Oh, would you shut up?" You finished putting oil and cream in your hair. "How does it look?"

"Amazing as always."

"Thank you." You walked into your closet. " he said bring a bathing suit so I don't really know what to wear. Should I wear it under my dress or just bring it in my bag?"

"Oh wear like a sheer dress and wear the bathing suit under it. Then bring a change of comfy clothes."

"Okay." You looked through your wardrobe and picked out a classic bathing suit and a nice flowy black cover-up. Amina looked through her phone, sitting on the bench in the middle of the closet. You saw her face scrunch up as she sighed as if she got bad news. "What's wrong?" You asked putting your outfit on.

"It's supposed to rain. You can't swim if it's raining." She seemed genuinely hurt.

"Well, we might be swimming inside." You reasoned.

"You never even answered my question. What are you going to do?" She clicked her phone off and finished her rose.

"Well, I asked him where we're going to go if we can't be in public. He just said he knew a place. When we were in the studio he was talking about night swimming and rooftop dinners I think." you played with your nails as you spoke. You tried not to think about him when you weren't with him because then you couldn't think about anything else.

"Oh, ma gawd you're SMILING!" She hopped off the bench and shook your shoulders as you held your head down. "Girl I am so happy for you! Your succeeding in your career. You're fine as hell. You finally got a man that matches your energy." She poked your arms excitedly.

"I don't have a man." You corrected.

"Yet."

"Yet."

"Period. I'm gonna get some more rosé you want some."

"Nah I want to be present on the date."

"Girl it's rosé. Okay." She walked out of the closet into the kitchen.

You wanted to text him. You wished that you could speed up time so you could see him again. A smile pulled at your lips as you thought of his stupid dad jokes and the way he examined your face like it was a piece of art. The way he got a bit too flirty when he was excited, but kept his cool and acted as nothing happened after. He did match your energy most times. You couldn't text him though. You didn't want to seem desperate even though he was the one drunk confessing to you. So you sat down at your vanity and proceeded to put on your light waterproof makeup.

____________________________________
~hey y'all this chapter is super short cuz I wanted to have a transition to the date. Don't worry it will come in the next chapter. Leave any requests or questions in the comments and please vote if you like it~