Dead or Alive? -Chapter 20

Yea- quite a lot of swearing

He's awake. You may go see him."

Dream looked up from staring at the sheet of paper he had written up for George for the past hour, just sitting there as tears rolled down his face. He got up without speaking, and followed the lady that led him to George's room.

It had been a day- or had it been two? Dream wasn't keeping track, to be honest. However long, it was torture. [I don't know how long it takes for someone overdosing to be able to wake up- pretty sure it's a few days, but let's go with this]

Dream took in a deep breath and turned the handle of the door, slowly opening the door.

Please don't forget me like last time...

The door was wide open and Dream could see the white walls of the bright room. His eyes scanned for George, and soon he fell upon a pair of dull brown eyes. The brunette looked a bit down, but had just barely smiled, inviting him to come closer.

"George..." Dream rushed over to the side of his bed and held back the urge to hug him tightly for he was scared to injure him more.

"H-ey."

"G-George, I'm so glad you're okay..."

George only nodded at stared at his lap.

Dream sat down by his side and fidgeted with his hands in his lap, hardly knowing what to say. His voice cracked almost every time he spoke since he saw George on the floor.

"Why..?" Dream whispered softly.

It took a while for George to respond.

"Did you read the letter?"

"Mhm."

"That's why."

"What part..?"

"Everything. I felt like I wasn't needed."

"George, you are so very needed. I need you so so much."

"I-I'm sorry.."

"No no no no, please don't apologize. You didn't do anything wrong, it was me. I take all of the blame. I'm really sorry.."

George sniffed, but remained silent.

"Oh. Uhm- I forgot to give this to you." Dream pulled out the piece of paper that he had written on. Almost as if he was writing back to George. George gingerly took the tightly folded paper, and began reading.

(This was what it said)

George,

I don't know what happened but I'm so sorry to everything that happened. I can't live without you, and I'm not even exaggerating this. I love you so much, I wouldn't ever just throw you away, I hope you'll understand that. Uhm Rose, she's lesbian- you can even ask Sapnap. I know you it's hard to trust me, but please do. I realize I haven't been the best boyfriend, and I really wanna make that up to you. I believe you'll wake up and be okay. You have to. I can't imagine the opposite. We haven't even been together for half year. I really don't want us to end. Please, trust me. Please. I'm so sorry, I'll do anything I can for you. Please, keep fighting. I won't ask for anything else. I need you here. I know this letter wasn't that great, but I guess I just needed to get it out. I really hope you make it out. I love you so much.

-Dream

P.S. Sapnap's on his way, and I also told bad and he's coming as well to visit you in a couple of weeks.