Home Sweet Home -Chapter 10

I'm sorry if there's any spelling errors, I don't feel like rereading this and going through it

TW: mention of SH (I'll specify when), swearing

George was being released today.

Dream eagerly got dressed without caring what he looked like, and ran out of the door, fumbling with the keys while trying to lock his apartment.

Finally, George would be coming back. It felt so lonely and boring without him. He couldn't even call him, and he hated hospitals, so he really didn't want to visit him. Today he'd just have to suck it up. A huge smile spread across his face as he got into his car and drove to the his destination, jamming out to music along the way.

————

Dream entered George's room and right away saw a genuine grin coming from him. Dream walked to his side.

"Are you ready?"

"Duh! This place sucks!" George retorted.

Dream chuckled. A doctor came in and started to talk with him, telling George to be careful for the next few days. George rolled his eyes, but agreed. They left as quick as they could.

————

"Hey, Dream?"

"Hm?" Dream slightly glanced at George, but right away turned his eyes back to the road.

"What happened?"

"Uhm- what do you mean?"

"Oh come on, Dream. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Why was I sent to the hospital?"

"I don-"

"Be honest."

He hesitated. "To be honest, I have no idea what happened to you when you passed out. Uhm, but before I found you, we were sitting in my car, and-" He hesitated. "Actually, no. I don't want you to think about bad memories you don't even remember."

George sighed. "I've only lost the memories of the past few days, I can get them back in no time. Hmm, maybe we can go places that we've gone to so far and maybe I'll remember some things?"

Dream faintly smiled. "Sure. Our first stop is my apartment."

————

"We're here," Dream said as he pulled into his driveway.

George looked out the window. "Ooh, I can't wait to see the inside!"

Dream parked the car and turned the keys, shutting off the car. They both got out and started over to the door. Dream took his other keys and unlocked the door, swinging the door wide open. They both walked inside.

"Woah, this place looks nice!" George said, but stood there for a moment, confused.

Dream smiled weakly, remembering the day they had just met in person. "That's what you said when you first saw this place...before you uhm- lost your memory." He said, his voice lowering as the memory clouded his thoughts.

George walked over to him and cupped his cheeks. "Dream, I know you blame yourself for my losing my memory, but I can guarantee it wasn't your fault... Well, unless you knocked me out or something." Dream smiled a little, flustering by the sudden warmth of George's gentle hands on his skin. He brushed his thumb across his cheeks, causing Dream to smile more.

Maybe this memory loss thing isn't all so bad..

Dream pulled him into a hug. "Thank you."