I Love You -Chapter 13

TW: swearing

Dream's POV

Dream was dressed in a black suit, clearly nervous. He and Rose had been setting every thing up for the night. The scene was a smooth path leading to a gazebo, decorated with vines and fairy lights. Bushes dotted the ground on the outside of it. The sky was a navy blue, stars dotting it with only a few heavy clouds in sight. It was nearly a perfect night.

[if you don't know what gazebos are, they're those halfway enclosed octagon thingies outside that are in a lot of romance movies—also, it's evening/night]

Rose approached him.

"How are you feeling?"

"If I'm being honest, I'm nervous as fuck." He chuckled nervously.

"Why? You know he likes you."

"I- I know, but- I'm just scared. What if he finds this all cringy? What if I mess up? What if-"

She lightly slapped his face. "Don't think like that. He won't find this cringy, and you'll be fine. He likes you, and he's not just gonna hate you after this."

Dream fell silent as she continued on. "You planned this for what- a week? You literally got musicians to play music justfor this. For him. If he doesn't appreciate this, then- I don't know, but I don't know a single person that would hate this. Plus, he told you this was what he wanted, didn't he?"

"True.."

"Exactly. Nothing to worry about."

Although he still felt his heart racing in fear, Rose's little "pep talk" made him feel a bit more relaxed.

"Thank you, honestly."

"Don't worry about it."

————

The moment had finally arrived. Dream saw the car pull up, his heart pounding against his chest. He watched as Sapnap carefully got George out, him still being clueless, and carefully walking him down the path. He got nearer and nearer until they were face to face, George still not having an idea where he was.

"Where are we, Sapnap?"

"Take off your blindfold and you'll see."

George slowly pulled off the white cloth, his eyes meeting Dream's. His eyes widened.

"D-dream?"

Dream smiled, feeling as nervous as ever. "Hey."

"W- what's going on?" Dream saw George's face redden, making him smile even more. "Is this a- g- gazebo?"

"Yeah. You said if you ever wanted to ask someone or to get asked out, you wanted to do it in a gazebo, so here we are."

"Wait what-" George's cheeks turn into a crimson color.

Dream chuckled nervously.

George smiled softly, speaking quietly. "You remembered."

"Of course I did." Dream took a step forward. George suddenly stepped back awkwardly as if he had just realized something. "Uhm, yeah. Uh, I should g-"

Dream grabbed his wrist before he would even blink. "George, please."

George sighed, but allowed Dream to pull him in closer. Gentle music played as Dream drowned in George's eyes.

He sighed, eyes closing. He opened them again and started speaking.

"George, I'm sorry for what happened today. I shouldn't have said anything, I'm so sorry. George I-.." He took in a deep breathe, relaxing a little. "I love you, George." Dream giggled. "I really do. When I'm with you, I act different, in a good way. I smile and laugh more. With you, I- I put on a real smile. I don't feel hurt or alone when I'm with you. Instead, I feel safe and loved. You're easy to talk to, and you listen to me. I don't have to worry about holding back with you. I don't feel self conscious or insecure or sad. You show me that you're not just pretending to like me or talk to me. I really appreciate your company, because with you, I'm different. With you, I'm happy." Dream took a quick pause to take in a sharp breath. "You know, I'm amazed when I look at you, every time I lay my eyes on you. Not just because of your looks, but because of the fact that everything I've ever wanted is right in front of me.. You mean the world to me.."