26: Uninvited Guests

"Move

"Move." Derieri slammed her hand into the ground as she faced the Seven Deadly Sins. The murderous intent was ever-so present in her wild eyes. "I'll kill them."

The Sins were the only thing standing between the demons fully conquering the mundane world and had proven themselves as quite the threat. They were a constant thorn in their side, but without Meliodas around, they were far weaker. Still, they proved formidable opponents who would only continue to defy the Demon Clan.

"If there's anything I hate more than my brother, it's his pathetic friends," Estarossa said with a certain loathing.

"We need to fall back immediately," said Merlin. Her entire demeanor was stone cold as she watched the angry demon woman.

"Merlin, are you crazy?" King wasn't willing to give up and let the demons get away with all they had done. He became unable to move as he glared at the demons who had caused so much strife.

"Calm down. Estarossa's commandment is affecting you." From his last confrontation with Estarossa, Ban had learned to mask his hatred so that he wouldn't be so helpless as he had been back in Liones.

"We're in no position to fight them. Going up against three Commandments like them is sure to prove total mission failure. And I can sense multiple others heading this way, too." Merlin remained calm. She knew better than to engage with these demons especially without Meliodas and Escanor around.

Estarossa merely smirked as they debated whether to engage or leave it be. He was amused by the group.

"She kinda has a point," chimed in Diane.

"Yeah, I feel it, too," agreed Ban.

"Their power levels, especially Estarossa's, are far greater than ours," Gowther added.

King couldn't hide the irritated expression taking over his face at the mere sound of Gowther's voice. Though she was able to regain her memories from Gowther's original creator, it didn't help ease King's anger towards him.

"So we're all in agreement, then?" Merlin asked of the Sins as she retreated back to Hawk's mom.

Everyone with the exception of King agreed to fall back for now. They couldn't afford to lose more of their numbers. He pressed his lips together to prevent himself from lashing out. He couldn't get over it. These monsters had done so much.

Diane scooped up King in her hand. "Come on, don't be like that."

"I feel like a coward." He crossed his arms.

"It's simply too risky," Gowther said.

Monspeet sensed Derieri's refusal to let it go. "Hey, Derieri—"

"I DON'T THINK SO!" Derieri yelled, charging for the giant swine. She wasn't going to let the group get away so easily. As she closed in, they disappeared leaving Derieri even more furious than before. She crashed down to the earth and slammed her fist into the ground, breaking it beneath her.