Chapter 14

The next day Techno finds out that the boy sleeps long. Very long.
He already read his books for five hours when the boy finally awakes. First a bit disorientated then suddenly after realizing in who's bed he is, he is jumping out of the bed and crashing with the floor.
"Do you need to go to the med room?"
"No no I'm sorry."
And there ends the dialogue. A guard is called to bring the boy into his own chambers.

"Fuck where were you?"
Wilbur runs to Tommy as soon as he enters.
"I was sleeping?"
"But where? Did they do something? Did they forced you to do something? We can pack our things an- that's a good idea. Let's pack our things-"
"Wilbur! I am fine. They gave.... Me an other room to sleep for the night. Nothing happened. Did you eve-"
"That's not about me Tommy. Are you sure you are okay?"
"Yes. How much did you slept?"
"Doesn't matter ..."
Tommy feels like cracking open. Why is his brother never watching himself? Why always him? Should talk about it? Ask Phil for help? No.... Technoblade. Techno betrayed him yes. But in the end he gave Tommy and Wilbur a new life. They now have a chance in the world.
But should he talk about Wilbur? What is if they decide they would be to much trouble. Sending Tommy and Wilbur into an orphanage. Not wanting them.
Would they do that?
Yes. It wouldn't be the first time.
But Tommy can't do that anymore. He wants to be like Tubbo. Tubbo is free. Nothing to worry about, just slowly growing up. Life isn't fair. Wilbur was dragged out of his childhood thrown into being a father to his younger brother. Keeping both save. Keeping Tommy save. And now? Did he failed?
In his eyes yes.
In Tommy's?
No.
He already failed before. This is just failing because there is nothing to safe anymore. This is a new life where they can try and forget everything that happened before.
But deep down Tommy knows that they won't.
They can act like it never happened. Maybe Tommy can live with it. In the end he feels save and people will protect him. Maybe he can find trust again.
But Wilbur?

Tommy shakes his head.
"I'm going to change and shower real quick..."
And with that he leaves his older brother alone.