Chapter 4

"Everyone understood? The plan is to-"
Tommy stops listening. He knows what he has to do. Being the distraction with Wil so the other can cause the trouble.

"Hey you bitches!"
Tommy screams on his top of his lungs. The guards turn around to face the brothers.
"You suck!"
And Wilbur throws a rotten tomatoe.
Then they run.
Like predicted not all follow them. That's not that bad. They all will die or run as soon as the other arrive to start with it.
It will be alright.
Behind them the guards scream.
It takes a while to get away. But soon the guards give up. Exhausted Wilbur and Tommy return to the house. Excited for the reactions of the citizens.

   ;

The door bangs open. No familiar voices.
"Two boys! Search for them. They are supposed to be in here somewhere."
"What's going on?"
Tommy looks at Wilbur. Both looking terrified.
"Guards. We have to go Tommy... The window. Fast."
They open the window which leads to the street.
"Fuck."
Guards outside of the house.
"Jump and run. We meet in the forest. Don't look back. I will be alright Tommy. Trust me."
A fast nod.
Deep breath. Jump.
Screaming. No looking back. Run.
Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. Run.
No orphanage. Stay with Wilbur. Bring yourself into safety. The Wilbur will come and everything will be okay.

Tommy can't see it. Not the wound. Wilbur has to be strong.
He has to run. Run run run run.... A beat is forming in his head. His heart beating the beat.
Faster. They are right behind you.
Left. Right. Straight. Right. Straight. Over the bridge. On the side of the river running. Then jump in.
Let it take you. Force your head under the surface.
Survive.