The Unwanted Rose|17

Love always comes with a sacrifice. A person can never love twice. As the second time, they will be left with nothing. One-sided love is amazing. It's like a mirage each day you wait for the person you love to show their love to you. Treat you like a princess. Smile with you. Heal you when you are broken.

Love is just a mirage. A word that was defined incompletely. A deep affection for someone or something.

That slowly becomes your weakness.

I loved you too much. I was an idiot I realised. I loved you more than you deserved. And the consequence of it is what I am facing. A punishment. Loving you only brought pain to me. But since the pain was caused by you, I will treat it as a reward. A reward of being loyal and loving to you.

***

The wedding was full-fledged. Guests greeting the bride and groom. Everyone was smiling and dancing. Love was in the air. Laughter could be heard as people lost themselves in the still-young night.

A beautiful woman was standing near the window. Her curly hair acting as a curtain, hiding her face as she drank from the glass in her hand. A small dimple appeared on her right cheek as she chuckled. The chuckle lacked happiness or any emotions. It was full just like her presence. She was invisible. The woman was looking like the moon who could easily steal the spotlight. People glanced at her from time to time.

Her aura was driving them in. She was beautiful in her off-shoulder mermaid sari. But the coldness in her eyes kept them from approaching her. The girl herself was unaware of the emotions and sneer she had on her face. As she hid behind the curly tresses she swayed slightly, indicating she was drunk.

Hypocrites. Rosie thought as she looked at the people around her. They were trying to get a reaction from her. She knew people like them. They sought pleasure from destroying other's mental peace. They were a nuisance for her. Insignificant.

She sipped the red wine as the thought went to a certain brown-eyed man. He was a mystery to her. The type of mystery she wasn't interested in solving. She didn't want to play that game again with the man whom she loathed. But he was right.

She didn't deserve Sid. She deserved honesty and love. Both never given to her willingly. She hated those type of men. The men looked simple and decent but were backstabbers. She didn't like those type of men anymore.

"Rosie" She closed her eyes and turned around with a cold look on her face. The man who was supposed to love her, treasure her and be hers forever betrayed her.

"Yes?" She whispered going back to drinking the wine casually. She noticed how everyone was now looking at them. Praying for a drama to unfold.

"I am sorry. Can you give me a dance?" He asked me. She nodded her head unable to say no to him yet again. She wished she knew how to say no to him.

He held her hand and they started dancing to the music.

"I wanted to apologise to you," He said as he looked at her.

"For?" For breaking my heart? For toying with my emotions? Or for making me fall for you?

Those questions were on the tip of her tongue but she swallowed them.

"For being selfish," He said nervously. She raised her eyebrows a laugh escaping from her mouth.

"You broke me, Sid. I can never love again. I can never trust a man again. Your betrayal caused great pain to me but I guess my emotions never mattered to you" She said to him her emotional fewer eyes witnessing his eyes softening like they used to. It wasn't a lover's gaze.

"I loved you-" She cut him off.

"Don't you dare say that. Please I can't" She said covering her ears. A laugh of hysteria escaping from her lips as she looked at the man who led her to her downfall.

She walked away from him. Not looking back. She knew if she looked back she will fall for that man again. A laugh escaped her again as she entered the garden. Sitting on the grass she didn't care about her sari getting dirty as she kept laughing. What was the joke?

She was the joke!

Her life was a joke. Her parents passed away before she could experience their love. Her relatives never cared for her. She was truly alone. She was such a clown. Her laugh echoed in the garden as she laughed at what her life has turned to. She was lonely. So lonely.

"Rosie" Someone called her. She didn't stop laughing as she saw his brown eyes filled with worry and doubt.

"Are you okay?" He asked her. Her heart suddenly felt the pain she was avoiding. She glared at the man who stood in front of her in a white tuxedo. He bent to her height and tried to make her stand but she slapped his hands away.

"This is happening because of you! You are the reason for my pain. Karthik you hate me, don't you? You wanted to see me in ruins, right? Look at me now" She said to him a beautiful smile on her face as she motioned towards herself. "I am ruined" She whispered.

"Rosie I-" She cut him off.

"No, I want to speak today. You always told me I didn't deserve him, were always against our marriage well guess what? Nobody wants me now" She screeched her voice ugly. But she didn't care. Her composure finally cracked as a tear escaped from her eyelids.

Karthik flinched back. Closing his eyes he tried to school his emotions. He hated expressing himself. But the woman in front of her always accomplished in seeking his demons out. He was scared of the power she had over him.

"Happy Birthday Rosie" He wished her retrieving a black rose from behind his back. Nostalgia hit her as he delivered his next words.

"Roses bloomed as the swords clashed,
Tears dropped as the warriors lashed,
There stood a red rose shinning alone,
Its eyes took in the beauty of the stone,
For which lovers wept their tears mixed with the rain,
On the rose at that moment appeared a stain,

Her breath hitched as she studied the man in front of her.

"At midnight, we met again,
Our clothes were torn apart and we lay there still the same,
You smiled at me but it was filled with pain,
I cried as the black rose took its blame,
The black rose cried out to the moon to reunite the lovers,
Its black petals glistening with the blood,
The unwanted rose shed its petals carrying its life force away,
And after thousand years it was reborn with the task to fulfil its wishes,
But time toyed with them and the rose came in between,
True love lives forever in the heart,
And that's what tore the rose apart

Tears and blood flowed as it repeated the rhyme,
Falling for you is truly a crime"

She said those lines from somewhere in her memory. Karthik wasn't shocked he was smiling as if he expected this. He placed the black rose in her hand and left her alone with a massive headache.

***

So this is chapter 17. I hope you like it.

Do you think something is fishy?

Do you like men with secrets?

Have you ever experienced negligence from the person you loved?

Sorry I know I am being nosy but I am very interested in your stories. So please share them with me.

And Happy Women's Day!!

Vote Comment and Share.

AND I LOVE YOU GUYS ♥️🥰