The Unwanted Rose|1

There were many instances in my life in which I felt that I was the luckiest woman. One of them was when I married him. My perfect Siddharth. The sweetest,  kindest and the best husband any woman would ask for.

I am his princess. He always told me that. Took care of me when I was unwell. Treated me like an actual princess. Our life was perfect. He was mine and I was his.

But there was a stir in our perfect life. He fell for her, Pari. When I first saw her I thought that her name suited her well. She was as gorgeous as a fairy. Her laugh warmed everyone's heart and her smile made their heart stop. She was an amazing person as well, her tongue smooth as honey. But I missed something. Her gaze on my husband.

She destroyed me in every sense. Let me begin from the day it all started.

****

One year ago

"What will you have for dinner Sid?" I asked my husband while spreading butter on the toast. He was dreamy. Tall, dark and handsome. But the thing that attracted me was his charm. His voice was alluring and his eyes could act like gravity.

"Anything," He said without looking up from his phone.

"Sid, how is your project going on?" I asked him but worried. He has been doing great in his company and has taken over the position of Senior Assistant Executive in just a year. But I could see that he was not happy with that position. He wanted more. Being ambitious is a good thing but ignoring yourself is not too good.

He sighed loudly looking at my sullen face.

"Princess I promise that we will go on a date this week," He said keeping his phone aside touching my hand slightly.

"It's not about a date or dinner it's just that you will destroy your health this way," I said looking at his dark circles the indication of the sleepless nights he had gone through. The indication of sleepless nights I have gone through. I am an insomniac. I can't fall asleep easily but when I met him, my sleepless nights converted into beautiful passionate nights filled with dreams. I truly loved the guy sitting in front of me. He has slowly slithered his way from my heart to my actions. All my actions were accountable to him.

"But I want to accomplish my dream. The dream of building a palace for my princess" He said smiling showing his dimples. I

"I don't want a palace, I want a home. My home with you around" I said blushing a little because of his intense gaze.

"My princess deserves a palace and I won't stop until I build one for her" He finalised smiling at me his grey eyes sparkling with emotions. I don't know if those emotions included love, but I was happy that he had some feelings for me.

"Then I promise to be always by your side no matter what happens, always support you" I promised him.

"Then here is my promise. I will always be your shade, your entertainer and a friend to you" He promised before stealing a kiss from me.

"Are you friend-zoning me, mister?" I playfully asked him.

"Yes well, you are the only friend I ever had," He said tucking my hair behind my ear.

"And the only girl you will call princess?" I asked him raising my eyebrows trying to keep a straight face as his face turned blue.

"Yes, I promise, you will be my princess forever," He said his eyes shining. My face twitched and I smiled at him like a fool.

"Let's promise never to break any of our promises ever," I said walking towards his chair. Tying his tie I straightened his collar.

"I promise," He said our eyes connected. His grey eyes looking intensely at my black ones. His breath hitched as my cold fingers traced his neck. Cupping his chubby cheeks I kissed him on his cheeks and said the three words. He nodded looking at me with those intense emotions again.

He never said them back to me just nodded. And I smiled at him showing my teeth like I  always did. His gorgeous face became more breathtaking when it turned red.

"I think I should leave for work now," He said getting up looking at his phone. Helping him put the blazer on I stole a kiss from him before saying my goodbye to him.

Pouring some tea in my cup I went to the balcony to enjoy the morning wind while sipping the hot ginger tea. After an hour I left for school. As I was the principal of the primary school I could arrive an hour late since the work in between was huge.

Since childhood, I found joy in sharing my knowledge. My younger brother suffered from dyslexia as a child, so I always tried to invent new ways to explain to him the various formulas and theorems. I didn't realize when it became a part of my life I grew up teaching him my younger cousins. By drawing, doing a skit or making up a funny story. I could teach for hours without realizing the passage of time. I loved kids, I loved knowing about each student in my class. Their thoughts and genius brain always amazed me. Instead of considering them as a group, I treated them like individuals and developed techniques to help them progress.

Although the students in the school were amazing the teenagers were terrifying for us, teachers. Their smart comebacks and dirty jokes were a constant disappointment for us. They loved to rebel against the rules. Bunking the classes, smoking in the washroom and sometimes making out in the classroom. Rules were meant to be broken, weren't they? So I asked my staff to stop punishing them and normalize these things. So the joy of breaking the rules may lessen a bit.

There is this adrenaline rush whenever you break a certain rule, the scary feeling that makes us excited as we break them. It gives us a sense of freedom. What if there were no rules?

Then there won't be any desire to break them. No fear and no excitement will make those things a little boring. I know I am wicked but I want them to enjoy as well as study.

****

The first chapter did finally. Do tell me your thoughts.

Do you like the main lead?

Is teaching your passion?

Did you like the name, Rosie?

Vote, Comment and Share.

Do!

And I love you guys♥️